Bitten Lips And Lost Souls

Rescue Mission

*Charles's Point Of View*

Jess smiled sweetly as words poured from her lips, "Why right here of course, you silly goose."

I stopped dead in my tracks, knees shaking and mouth open. The words she had just spoken rushing in and out of my mind, slamming doors and opening windows. What was wrong with her, Kat was dead, Jess had found her dead in the same bed as her. I couldn't comprehend what was going on. It was in the form of a nightmare, I took the chance and analyzed her with my eyes. Then I really saw what was wrong. Jess had always taken pride in the way she looked, she was drop dead gorgeous and she knew it. Now, she had just let herself go. A ripped mini skirt, white tank top stained with what looked like wine and her hair greasy and all over the place with her make up smeared down the cheeks. This was not the Jess I was used to seeing, and by the look on Alex's face I knew he wasn't used to it either. I kneeled down beside her, Alex still standing. I was the sweet talker, he was the hard ass, that's just how it went. Alex could be sweet but he thought that being caring and understanding was a sign of weakness, so he played the tough guy, I was the one to save people.

"Jess, hunny...you have to come with us okay? You need to be taken care of." I whispered as I laid my palm gently against her mascara stained cheek.

Her big emerald orbs full of hope locked with my own hazel eyes as she replied, "Kat's taking care of me Charlie. Kat knows how to make me happy."

I sighed and looked back at Alex, I saw the sadness pour into his eyes as he shook his head. That was the signal, the signal that he thought we should leave and come back another time. I turned back to Jess, my broken, still gorgeous in a way, sister. She had my lips and stature, tall and thin, even thinner now than she was. I pressed my other palm against her opposite cheek, making her look into my eyes, forcing her to focus on me.

"Jess, we will come back tomorrow and you and...you and Kat can come home with us. Does that sound good to you?"

She turned her head to the left just staring at the violent yellow wallpaper. "Kat says she will think about it Charlie. Bye."

At that moment I think my heart broke in two, she was so dependent on Kat and now that she was gone.....Jess was gone. My beloved sibling has disappeared and what it seemed at that moment, I couldn't bring her back. Well not yet anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry so short and so bad...I'm really disappointed in myself for this update.....It was kinda a filler but the next one will be better. M xoxo