Bitten Lips And Lost Souls

Resolution

*Alex's Point Of View*

I'd had enough of his screaming, enough of his swearing and far too much of his sister. I stormed out of the living room and hurried into our bedroom to get a little pick me up, I was hovering over a mirror when Charles burst through the door, his eyes filled with fury. He charged towards me, grabbing my throat and slamming me into a wall.

"You son of a bitch." He spat as he slapped me violently across the cheek. "Number one, you shut the fuck up about Jess and number two...." He suddenly stopped talking, he either was too afraid or he regretted what he'd just done to me.

I watched his eyes drift around the room and out of no where he once more struck me across the face and was screaming in my face again. "As I was saying, NUMBER FUCKING TWO!!! YOU PROMISED ME NO.MORE.COKE!!!!" I received another blow to the face. "You fucking promised..."

He dropped to his knees releasing his grip on my neck, and just like that he started to cry. Not regular crying, no small tears with little gasps for air. He had rivers of tears streaming down his cheeks and loud heart wrenching sobs escaped his lips, it sounded almost as if he had been wounded and was struggling to stay alive. I stood and looked at Charles, my best friend, my mentor and boyfriend of two years. It killed me to see him in such pain, that I could not stay mad at him for what he'd done, it was obvious that he was hurting more than I was. I bent down and placed my hand on his chest to help steady his breathing, I was always the one to calm him down. Other people had tried but he wouldn't trust anyone but me. I sat next to his gorgeous form and thought about us; when we promised each other we'd get clean, when we first met and our future. It brought tears to my eyes, knowing that I had failed him in a sudden act of desperation, that he had given everything up for me, his home, his girlfriend/fiance of 5 years (Rochelle) and his family.

*Flashback 2 years and 7 months ago*

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN. YOU'RE GAY????" Rochelle screamed at Charles who lay naked in his bed. "YOU'RE FUCKING SICK CHUCK!!! YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!!!!" She turned on her heel and saw me standing in the doorway, dressed only in my boxers. She howled like a wounded cat, her face contorting in fury. "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU'RE FUCKING HIM!!!!!!!!!!! ALEX!!!! OF ALL PEOPLE, THAT FUCKING JUNKIE???"

Rochelle thundered towards me, her Prada coat flapping behind her. and delivered a breath taking punch to my exposed stomach. I collapsed to the ground, and she started to kick me in the chest with her red suede stilettos. Chuck lept from the bed, oblivious to the fact that he was stark naked and dragged her off me and shoved her out the front door. Even though it was HER apartment.

*End Flashback*

I sighed heavily, reminiscing on that particular day and I started to laugh; I was laughing at the mental image of a naked Chuck kicking a girl out of her own apartment. To me that was pure gold, nothing could beat that. I stopped laughing as I felt him stir under my warm palm, his eyes began to flutter open and he whispered my name.

"Alex..."

I bent down closer and kissed his cheek, "I'm here baby."

A small smile crept across his face, "I'm tired Alex...."

"I'll take you to bed sweetheart."

I steadied myself and gently picked him up, carried him to the bed, and softly placed him on top of the sheets. It was a warm night so blankets were not needed, I yanked off our shoes and crawled in next to him. I felt him relax and soon light snores filled the room, I whispered a last I love you and slowly drifted off into dreamland, unaware of what tomorrow was to bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda like this update but I'm sorry its so short, I tried to make it sweet...but I dunno. Your comments are much appreciated and thank you for reading.

Cara Margaret xoxo