Lestat's Winter's Breath

Chapter 8

And your training did commence. It was rough and difficult but you did, indeed, learn how to heal Lestat's mind. The water sprite also taught you how to heal his heart and to use your abilities for justice against Marius for causing Lestat that much pain. You doubted you would get to do such a thing but it was good to know, just in case. She also taught you many other things, like how to use your elemental powers to breath underwater, how to send telepathic messages underwater, etc. This strange elemental, who's name you learned was Sheelin (a/n: Sheelin is an Irish name meaning lake or lake of fairies. I thought it sounded appropriate for a water sprite) taught you everything you needed to know about the water element and how to use it as well as what she knew about other elements which was limited.

Turns out Sheelin was an ancient sprite who knew a great deal about you that you didn't even know yourself like how the people who raised you weren't your biological parents. No, they were your "adoptive family" and they took you in when your real parents were on the run, from what, Sheelin didn't know. When you asked why your real parents never came for you, Sheelin explained that they had wanted to but were, in fact, killed. Their souls, however, had returned to the water they had come from to the undersea kingdom of Tir Na Nog where they live on eternally, watching over you and seeing you grow. There was an enchanted fountain through which the people of Tir Na Nog could watch the people of the land and study them or just simply watch as was the case with your parents. She explained that you were considered royalty in Tir Na Nog along with your parents.

"Through this pond is a portal to Tir Na Nog. It is also through this pond that you parents could get a glimpse of you. I have seen your parents many times, and they desperately miss you, Muirin. They wish you would come to them," Sheelin said.

"Will I be able to take Lestat with me?" You asked.

"No. Only elementals can pass through the portal between this world and that of Tir Na Nog. It is law that non-elementals should not set foot in the undersea city," Sheelin replied.

You felt a deep mixture of emotions in you. You wanted to see them but you couldn't take Lestat with you as he wasn't an elemental.

"I would like to see Lestat one more time before I make my decision," you said.

"Your wish can be granted," Sheelin stated.

You walked to the house in a fog, not even noticing where your feet were taking you. You walked face first into the door before you snapped out of it and saw you had arrived. You walked in and saw with your own two eyes how much damage Lestat had caused in his current state. As you entered the living room, Marius limped over to you.

"Welcome back Muirin. Nice to see you! Please can you do something with Lestat? I am well aware that you learned how to heal him and, honestly, now would be the best time to do so" he said.

You nodded and used your mind gift to find Lestat. You found him in a room at the far side of the house and headed there immediately. Once outside the door, you paused. You could hear crying. You slowly opened the door and saw Lestat huddled up into a ball, weeping. Your heart immediately went out to him and you walked forward.

"Lestat? Lestat? Are you in there?" you asked softly.

"Yes," he whispered.

"It's me Muirin."

"Muirin?"

"Yes Muirin. Do you remember me?"

"Yes."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to try something okay? This may be uncomfortable but it will help you feel better."

"I ... Feel better?"

"Yes, Lestat."

"Try."

With that one word you placed your hands on his face and concentrated on healing him. Your hands were surrounded by a soft blue light which soon surrounded both you and Lestat. The pain on his face slowly began to fade into peace. After an hour all of Lestat's pain was completely gone and he was healed. He smiled at you, the first smile you had seen on his face in many weeks.

"Muirin, mon chere, you are more beautiful than ever!" he cried, scooping you up and twirling you.

"I bet you say that to all the girls," you said shyly.

"Only to you," he said and kissed you full on the lips.

There came a loud pounding at the door. You and Lestat look at the door, look at each other, look at the door again and sprint to the other side of the room where a hidden door was placed. Lestat slid open the door and pushed you inside.

"Please, Muirin, run!" Lestat pleads.

"Will you be okay?" you asked.

"Yes, now go!!" he demanded and shut the door again and sealed it.

You had no choice now. You had to run. You bolted down the tunnel and into your room. The sight you saw made you stop dead in your tracks.