Status: Active

Must Be My Beautiful Rescue

The Things She Does That Amaze Me

"Figgy." A pair of big blue eyes stared at me.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I thought you were-- Cause your hair--" I tried to say something but I couldn't finish my sentences.

"It's alright, don't worry," David said, followed by a smile.

I didn't say anything at all. How am I supposed to say a word when I was quite comfortable with our position right now? We just stared into each other's eyes. This moment felt to be like a cliché scene that happens in movies.

"Figgy and David laying on the floor, here comes Garrett near the door!" Gavin sang to us.

Eventually, I heard the door open and footsteps nearing. We didn't care, we got so caught up in each other. Even Gavin's obnoxious singing didn't bother us. But this time, I think someone else's obnoxious voice will bother us.

"Figgy Daniel Nickelsen!"

I stood up as fast as I could, David soon followed after. I saw Garrett behind us with his arms crossed.

"Gary, I wanna go home," I whined.

"If you wanted go home, you didn't have to be on top of David or on someone else here. They're not magic carpets." By the sound of his voice, I could tell he was still pissed.

I explained to him the whole situation and he just shrugged. I thought Garrett's just being Garrett. After a few more seconds, The Maine went out laughing and jealousy struck me cause I didn't have the time to enjoy things with Pat, Jared, and Kennedy since John left. Garrett and I are close but John and I are closer. People often mistake us for being a couple. It's really weird, you know, how close we get. But I liked it.

I bid them goodbye and hugged some of them. Some of them meaning I didn't include David. Our goodbye was just a wave and a smile. Cheska and I went inside The Maine's smelly van then headed to our respective houses.

"What was that all about?" Pat asked me quietly so no one else would be able to hear him.

"I should ask you the same thing."

He didn't say anything and blushed. "I got him real good", I said to myself. No matter what though, these guys are my family. My second family. I owe them a lot.

Finally, home sweet home. I left Garrett outside by the curb and just went straight inside the house while he went to talk with Jared regarding their band practice tomorrow. I took my shoes off and headed to the kitchen. Going there before heading upstairs to my room is a weird habit of mine. Probably because our parents usually left notes for us with colorful magnets from San Fran.

I spotted a small green note on the fridge. "Way to go, mom and dad. On vacation for the third time this month." I then went upstairs after thinking about all the shenanigans that I should do while they're away. Surprisingly, John was sitting on my bed.

"Holy shit, give me a warning!" I snapped.

He laughed, "shut up. I know you missed me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Cause Jared dropped you off at your house ten minutes ago but thanks for stating the obvious." I rolled my eyes. "How's your so-called break, huh?"

The Q&A session began. I didn't hear Garrett calling downstairs so he barged in my room without knocking. It just so happens that I was sitting next to John on the bed with our backs against the wall. Nothing wrong with that. But for Garrett, this meant that John was my boyfriend. He always noticed the way we were being so close to each other.

"What the hell, John?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Garrett, we're just catching up on each other. Turn paranoid brother off."

"Well, okay. Just…don't do anything weird. I mean it, O'Callaghan. If shit happens, I will chop your own balls and make you swallow them." He stepped out again but this time he left the door open.

"Fuck…" John was thinking deeply. "That's gross." John and I were about to continue our Q&A session when my phone rang.

"Unknown number?"

John grabbed my phone and answered it, "who is this?"

"Th-this is David Blaise. Is Figgy there?" the voice said on the other line.

John mouthed "David Blaise" to me and I immediately snatched my phone from him.

"David? Hey."

"Sorry. Are you with John?"

"Don't be. And yup, I'm with him."

"Garrett said you didn't have a boyfriend."

I think I almost choked on air. "N-no! He's not my boyfriend!"

He paused and John looked at me as he tried to flash me a smile. David finally talked and asked me if we could meet somewhere tomorrow. "Sure. Got it." I hung up on him and talked to John.

John's mood changed. I noticed he was down. Like he wanted to tell me something, but couldn't. I didn't know if it was a family problem or he just needed something from me. I didn't mind it anyway. Things are good right now. John's back, my parents are on vacation, my paranoid brother's trying to let me go. Guess I just gotta deal with David tomorrow.

The next day, I got up and took a shower. The usual. I wore the clothes that John helped me pick out last night, and went outside. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. Suddenly, a familiar car pulled up in front of me. I chuckled at the sight of David with a bouquet of flowers.

"Why, hello, prince charming," I joked.

"My princess," he handed to me the flowers. I saw different kinds of flowers with bright colors. What a great way to start the day.

"Seriously," I said still laughing, "where are we going?"

"Uh, my house."

I hesitantly said "sure". For some reason, I trusted this guy. He looked neat. He does look a bit cute too, I might add.

He drove and played one of his mixtapes again. I was kind of hoping he'd make me one. I enjoy mixtapes especially when they're from a friend. Surprisingly, he handed me something that looked like one.

"Should I change the one playing right now?" I asked him.

"No," he chuckled, "it's for you." He said glancing at me like what he did yesterday.

"Are you serious?"

He said yes and I felt my cheeks heating up. I thanked him over and over again. I asked him if I could play his so-called surprise mixtape for me.

"Sure thing," he replied with a smile.

And please don't tell me that I'm dreaming
When all I ever wanted was to
Dream another sunset with you


After almost an hour, we finally arrived at his house and went inside. It was a welcoming house, just like what I expected. I gushed about how he was still living with his mom. I just think it's really adorable.

"My mom's not home," he explained. "And since you're fun to be with, I invited you here." Lifting his hands up in the air as an expression.

He showed me around his house. There were cookies and gummy bears. The things that I crave for most of the time. He saw me staring at them so he grabbed the big jar full of cookies and smiled at me.

"Come on. I know you like cookies." He signaled me to go upstairs before him, which I gladly did so.

I sat on the floor of his bedroom and grabbed the cookie jar from him as I did a little smirk. I noticed he has a picture of him with a girl on his bedside table.

"Iff that your gurpfren?" I said mumbling as I stuffed a cookie inside my mouth.

"No," he laughed at how the cookie crumbs fell out of my mouth, "she's my sister."

I managed to gulp it in. "Oh. Yeah, that reminds me. What did you say last night? You asked Garrett if I have a boyfriend?"

"Dan started talking about corny lines that some guy used on his sister. Then Garrett brought up the things that he would do if you had a boyfriend. He really cares about you, you know?"

"He's just making that up." Without warning, I pinched his cheeks and said sorry after realizing what I've done. Who wouldn't have the urge to do that anyway? I pouted while trying to stop myself from laughing. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up so I could sit beside him on his bed. He poked my lips as he pouted too. "Pouty"

We stared into each other's eyes. Such wonderful eyes. And soon enough his soft lips were on mine, without any second thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated the boring layout. What do you think of this chapter, yay or nay? I hate the fact that the deleted version of this chapter was cooler. I solemnly swear I will never leave any edited stories without copying them in my laptop. Keep on commenting and subscribing.

So what do you guys think will happen in the next chapter? Will the kiss be good or bad for them? Give me motivation!