Status: Complete. :)

Fate Has a Way With These Things

Dos/Dos

It has been three years since Jack and I started dating. We did have some ups and downs like everyone but we managed. Jayden was already six and was great in school. His best subjects seemed to be math and English. I knew he would turn out to be such a great student; I never got complaints about him and he always turned in his homework on time. In the past year and half, my family had met Jack and loved him; Jack, Jayden and I moved in together. But the one thing that had been worrying me a lot was the Jayden had started calling him Dad. Jack seemed he couldn’t be any more happier, but as much as I loved Jack and didn’t want things to end with him… I wasn’t so sure if he’d ever want to get married.

I never breached the subject with him. I felt a little touchy about marriage because last time I was engaged… my fiancé had been in car accident. I didn’t want it to ever happen again so I was pretty superstitious about things like that.

I had a job already which was pretty incredible. I had finally accepted my father’s job offer and he signed me up to be the head of the business art design. Everybody was nice and accepting; everybody also loved to have Jayden around whenever he didn’t have school and some of them even offered to take care of him while I went out on a dates with Jack.

“Mommy,” Jayden asked on night.

“Yes baby?”

“When is Dad coming back?” he asked.

“I don’t know Jayden, he’s on tour right now,” I said with a slight frown. I didn’t want Jayden to notice how sad I felt without Jack. He should be here soon… I wasn’t so sure when his tour ended. He never confirmed a date which was weird because he always seemed to tell when it ended.

“Leeann, we need to talk,” my dad said when he entered the office. “What is it dad? I’m kind of busy with the project.”

“Look don’t worry about that right now, I’m here because Sophia says you need some girl time and wants to take you out tonight.” I looked hesitant, “I can’t. Jayden has to do a school project and as his mother I cannot let him do it by himself. Besides I don’t have anywhere to leave him.”

My dad rolled his eyes, “Look Leeann, I think this would be good for you, and besides, you have two supporting parents that love their hardworking child and their beautiful grandson.”

“I don’t know Dad,” I said as I resumed working.

“Look Leeann… do it for me will you?” he said with a small smile. I semi-frowned, “Well, okay fine. I’ll do it. But you make sure Jayden does his work right?” My father nodded, “And you make sure that he doesn’t get anywhere near the TV until he finishes?” he nodded again, “And-” my father cut me off, “Leeann, he’ll be just fine! Don’t worry about it at all!”

“Okay dad, I’ll go. I’ll call Sophia in a minute and confirm it,” with that my dad left and I resumed to go back to work. Around three P.M. I called Sophia… the conversation went a little like this.

“Hello?” Sophia.

“Hey Soph, so are we going out tonight or not?” I asked.

“Oh my gosh! Hell yes! You see I want to go out for dinner right? So can you wear something kind of fancy for me? Like something black and sexy?” Coming from Sophia… I wasn’t so surprised. “Do I have to remind you again that you’re married?” I said with a chuckle.

“No… come on, you know you want to wear something hot, besides Jack’s not in town so you can totally party it up,” I could almost hear her wink.

“I have a child you weirdo!” I laughed, “But fine, I will.”

“Oh and one more favor,” she almost whined.

“Yes Soph?”

“Can you wait for me at your local Target for me? Where the boy’s car section is? I have a birthday party the next day and I wanted to buy the present before I get fucked up,” she laughed hard. I rolled my eyes but agreed.

---x---

“Mommy you look pretty,” Jayden said as I walked down the stairs. “Thanks sweetie, are you almost done with your project?” I asked. “Yes, Granny is helping me out! Right Granny?” I looked at my mom, “Thanks Mom… I appreciate it.”

“Oh don’t worry about it Leeann, you don’t have to thank me. I’m thankful enough that you had this beautiful child of yours,” she laughed, “I’m surprised you haven’t asked us for any help the past four years so I decided to help.”

“Can you drive me to Target, Mom? Oddly enough, Sophia asked me to meet her there,” my mom grinned and nodded. She seemed to be happy about something. “Yes I would love too! Come on Jayden, we’ll finish this when we come back.” She hurried Jayden to get ready and for me to go get into the car.

A couple minutes later, we were driving towards Target slowly. “Leeann, you know I love you right,” My mom said randomly. I laughed, “Mom, are you okay? You seem cheerful, is there something I should know?” I said as I raised an eyebrow.

She didn’t say anything else as she left me at the entrance of Target. “Bye baby, I love you,” I told Jayden as I closed the door. “Bye mommy, I love you too, have fun!” he said. I grinned and closed the door.

I’m not going to lie about walking into target wearing a black strapless sequined dress. It was pretty awkward. People were staring at me like the oddball out of the place. Which I was, considering what I was wearing. I hurried towards toys section and looked around for Sophia. “Where the fuck is she?” I said as pretended to look at the toys.

“Please don’t tell me you talk to your child with a mouth like that,” I heard him say as he placed arms around my waist. “I missed you… a lot,” he said as he placed a kiss on my neck.

“I missed you too Jack,” I said with a smile, “But what are you doing here?”

“What do you mean what am I doing here? I’ve been waiting like 10 minutes for you to arrive,” he said with a smile. I let myself go from his embrace and faced him, “Sophia said she was taking me on a GNO.”

“Oh, well then, plans have changed, let’s go!” Jack said with a grin as he grabbed my hand and walked us out of Target. “You know that’s where I meet you,” Jack said randomly as he opened the car door for me. “Well I met Jayden first then I met you but still!” he said hyperactively.

That’s what I always loved about Jack. He always kept a smile or a giggle on my face.

“Yeah but admit it, you loved me first than you loved Jayden,” I said with a giggle.

“Well… I have to say, I feel in love with your Jayden the first moment I heard him laugh… or well complain to you,” he said with a laugh.

Second reason why I loved Jack: He cared for Jayden as he was his own child, which meant a whole lot for me. I know nobody could replace William in my heart, but Jack was there too, nobody could replace him either.

Jack pulled up to a fancy looking restaurant, opened the door and ran to the other side so he could open it for me. Chivalry was obviously not dead with him. Mrs. Barakat taught him very well and I had mentioned it to her one time and she had smiled at me with a proud look about her son.

“My lady,” Jack said as he took my hand and let me out of the car. “My prince,” I said with a giggle. “What happened to the word handsome? I remember it was there right before I left for tour,” he said with a smirk. “Well… maybe you’ll get it back before the night ends,” I said with a wink as we entered restaurant.

---x---

“Then Alex was like ‘Naw man! I can’t date her! It’s like against the law and shit! She’s like 17 and I’m like 23.’ I was laughing so much at Alex expressions because it seemed like he was going through a mid-life crises instead of deciding what he was going to do,” Jack explained.

I rolled my eyes at Alex antics, “And what happened to Lisa? She was so nice and Jayden really likes her. I think Jayden has more a chance now than Alex will ever have again.”

“Well I’m full,” I said as I pushed my plate away. “Do you want to leave already? I know how you don’t like being in a place with so many people for a long time,” Jack said. I only nodded and he asked for the bill.

“Where are we going?” I asked as he drove the other direction from our house. “Well I wanted to go to the park… is that okay with you?” He said with a small smile. I nodded and rested my head in the seat, “Yeah I like the park.”

“Great!” he said as he sped up a little.

---x---

“We’re here,” he announced as he ran towards my door again and opened it. He took my hand and let us through the empty park and to the bench we used to sit in before we moved into his house.

We sat in silence for what seemed to be forever until Jack asked, “Where do you see yourself in 12 years?”

That caught me off guard, “Well hopefully I see myself crying at Jayden’s’ graduation but that’s still a long way to go right?” I said. “Why? Did you have something else in mind?”

“Well yes,” Jack suddenly stood up and got on one knee in front of me.

“Leeann Hays, I don’t think I’ve ever loved someone as much as you. I love you because you’re strong and you’ve been able to put up with everybody since you’ve had your beautiful boy Jayden. I love you because you don’t let anybody stop you and you always do what you believe is right. I love how you can put up with me when I get a little more childish than Jayden,” I laughed at that. “I love how you support me not matter what goes on in my music career. I love how you smile every time you wake up and sleep with a smile on at night. I love everything about you Leeann, so would you do me the honor of marrying me?” he said as he took out a black velvet box, and on the inside there was a beautiful Tiffany & Co. ring that went by the name of Lucida. I remembered because Sophia showed to me once.

I literally jumped towards Jack and hugged him. “Yes Jack Bassam Barakat, I will love to marry you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
the ring ;)

this was for Haylee since she said she liked it :)