Parallel Worlds

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a cold and rainy night and Charlotte was running to her cousins house, when she bumped into somebody.

"Oh, I'm sor..." she trailed off as she looked up into a pair of the most beautiful brown eyes she had ever seen, "Hi, Ed."

"Sorry about that, Lotte," Ed said, flashing one of his trademark smiles.

"Are you meant to be somewhere?"He asked

"Well, I was on my way to Lily's," she replied, "Aren't you supposed to be at band practice now."

"I'm on my way now," Ed answered, "Well, I better be going, can't be late"

"Ok," Charlotte smiled, "I'll see you later, then."

When she finally arrived at Lily's house she noticed a large pair of hazel eyes at the window.

That meant Lily had seen everything that had happened.

As she walked towards the door, it opened to reveal Lily.

"You like him, don't you?" Lily teased.

"What? Who? Ed? No!" Charlotte insisted.

"You do!" Lily screeched, "What are Dan and Teddy going to say when they find out you like their friend?"

Charlotte scowled, as she knew exactly what would happen if they found out

"Don't you dare tell them," She threatened.

"Ahhh..." Lily smiled "I was right"

"But...but...I..." Charlotte tried to defend herself, "Teddy will kill me and Dan will probably join you in teasing me eternally."

"And that's the beauty of it all." Lily said, smiling widely.

Charlotte narrowed her eyes at Lily.

"Are you coming back to mine?" she asked, dreading the reply, "I told the guys we would give them an outside opinion on their new songs."

"Of course" Lily said in a sickly sweet voice "I'd Love to"

"I know it isn't the sort of stuff you like, but it could be fun," Charlotte smiled.

"Oh, I know it will be very, very fun" Lily said, smiling evilly. At that moment Charlotte knew exactly what Lily was thinking.

"Don't you dare. If you do I'll..." Charlotte began.

"Oh! Look at the time, I think we should go now!" Lily said, grabbing her coat.

Lily pushed Charlotte out of the house and then ran around the corner to the Hetherton's.

She charged through the door and straight into the kitchen, where she saw the whole band standing around talking.

"I know who Charlotte fancies!" she declared.

"Don't you dare!" came an angry voice from the door.

"Charlotte fancies..." but Lily was cut off as Ed put his hand over her mouth to stop her.

"Now that wouldn't be fair would it?"

"Thanks," Charlotte mumbled, as Ed removed his hand from Lily's mouth.

"Well, Miss Hetherton, care to share?" Ali asked.

"Not really," Charlotte mumbled, looking at the floor to hide the fact that she was blushing.

"Come on," Alex said, "It's not like you fancy one of us."

Charlotte just continued to stare at her converse-clad feet as Lily snorted with laughter.

"I'll tell if you want" Lily offered, smiling.

"No!" Charlotte said, panicking.

"Come on, you can tell me outside" Ed said, leading her out of the room.