Parallel Worlds

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Alex was the first to wake up the following morning and as he yawned and stretched, he saw Lily and Ali laying very close together on the pull-out sofa. A frown quickly took over his face as he saw the two of them.
He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Teddy standing next to him.
"Don't worry about it," he reassured him, "I'm sure it's not what it looks like."
Alex looked up at him, doubting the truth of what Teddy said. From the way they'd been acting it seemed to be just what he thought.
Lily's eyes fluttered open and she found herself next to Ali, shuffling in closer, she yawn and closed her eyes again. Ali instinctively wrapped her in a hug, as they slept peacefully. Alex raised an eyebrow at Teddy.
"I think not," He sighed.
Dan opened his eyes and standing up, stared at the pair on the bed.
"I don't quite know what I'm thinking right now," He said, surprised.
Charlotte and Ed, who were in a similar position to Lily and Ali, woke up, and after lying in their bed for a while, sat up. Lotte, glancing over at Alex's upset expression looked immediately over at Lily, who was asleep in Ali's arms.
"Alex, don't worry about it. It's not what it seems," Lotte echoed her brother's earlier words.
"How can you be so sure?" Alex asked.
Charlotte was unsure how to answer, to just say she knew was correct was not going to be proof enough.
"Lily," Teddy called, "Get up."
Lily, reacting to Teddy's command, opened her eyes and looked over at who was next to her. A suprised expression passed over her face.
"I thought he was..." Lily began, "Never mind."
She looked up and smiled at everyone, before noticing that Alex wouldn't meet her eye.
"Alex?" she questioned, "Is something wrong?"
Alex looked at her, and slowly shaking his head, he looked over at an awakening Ali.
Ali grinned as he awoke, "You know Alex, shes alot easier to sleep with than you."
Realising what he said he corrected himself, "Sleeping next to her is easier than sleeping by you."
Dan, who had sniggered at Ali's awakening comment was hit by Lotte and Teddy.
"Grow up," Lotte said, "I bet your girlfriend is ore mature than you."
"What girlfriend? Mel dumped him," Lily answered.
"What?" Lotte, Ed and Teddy chorused.
"When did this happen?" Teddy asked, looking between Dan and Lily.
"Well, you see, when Jason... dumped me, he wa dumping me for Mel, and then she dumped Dan for Jase-Jason. We're dumpees together!" She grinned.
"I see you're over your break up," Dan mumbled, grumpily.
"Sorry," Lily whispered.
"Lils?" Lotte said, standing up, "Lets go and get dressed,"
"'kay," They both stood and left the room.

"You looked comfortable," Alex said coldly to Ali, as they got dressed.
“Yeah, Lil's just like a teddy bear. But next time you have to swap beds with me.”Ali replied.
“Why?” Teddy, Dan, Alex and Ed chorused.
“I have my reasons,” Ali replied, smirking.
“Tell, now,” Teddy ordered, “As her cousin, I have to know,”
“I'll tell you and Dan,” Ali said. “But not the other two.”
“We're just gonna tell them anyway,” Dan admitted, “So just tell us all,”
“Well, Lily likes to talk in her sleep, and surprisingly enough, have a guess who's name she kept calling,”
Everyone turned to look at Alex, “Me?” He asked, shocked.
“Alex, guess what? Lotte and Ed are getting married. Alex this, Alex that, I love you Alex!” Ali mimicked Lily.
Everyone looked stunned.
“Congrats!” Ali said, grinning at Ed, “You'll have a lovely wife,”
"Erm, we're not getting married," Ed explained, "But Lily likes to think we are,"
“I should expect that,” Teddy joked. “Lily really wants to be a bridesmaid.”
Alex was stunned into silence.
“Wait, she was talking to me?”
“Yes,” Ali replied slowly.
“Oooh, Lily was dreaming about you,” Dan sang, “Oooooh, blackmail!” He grinned with the prospect of teasing Lily and Alex eternally.
Lily and Lotte returned downstairs ad entered the room. Alex and Teddy, who were not yet fully dressed, dived behind the sofa, pulling on their trousers.
“Knock next time,” Teddy grumbled, standing up and pulling his shirt on.
“Mummy left a note for you Teddy,” Lily smiled, and read it aloud.
Dear Teddy,
As a mature adult, I am leaving you in charge while me and your uncle are away. We will be gone for about three days, and are hoping that you'd possibly be able to stay over with Lily (or Lotte or Dan) You are welcome to all stay over (Lotte, Dan, You, Ali, Ed And Alex) But please behave yourselves. There is food in the normal places, and Lily has been given money to buy food and the like.
Will see you all in a few days.
Lots of Love
Aunt Anne and Uncle Paul
P.S: Lily, no having the radio up ridiculously loud, Mr and Mrs Jones have complained about your radio being too loud before. The rules are still in place while we are away. Feed the cat please.

“So, do you guys want to stay tonight?” Lotte asked, “I'm staying with Lily, we have a lot to talk about,”
The girls both burst out laughing, whilst the boys stood quietly around the room.
“Breakfast anyone?” Lily sang, opening the door into the kitchen.
“Lily, I think I will make the breakfast with Dan today,” Teddy replied. “We don't want a repeat of yesterday night's amazing dinner.”
She grinned. “That was hilarious,”
“We still haven't got her for that yet have we?” Alex asked Ali.
“Mr Davies, I believe you are correct,” Ali replied, before they both ran over to Lily. Lily turned and ran up the stairs, while Lotte and Ed ran after, laughing.
“So, breakfast,” Dan sighed, pointing towards the kitchen.

Lily dived into the bathroom, locking the door behind her.
“You'll never take me alive!” She cried to the boys outside the door.
“There's no escape now!” Ali and Alex called.
“Unless...” Charlotte mumbled. “The window!”
Fiddling with the lock, Lotte managed to open the door, to find that the window was open, and there was nobody inside.
“She couldn't climb out the window,” Ed said, “She'd fall all the way down!”
They all walked over to peer out the window, when Lily jumped out of the shower, and ran out of the room.
“Peace out suckers!” She cried, escaping down the stairs.
“That was a pretty good trick,” Ali said, laughing as they left the bathroom.
“It was probably in some film,” Alex said, “You know how she loves her films,”
Ali raised an eyebrow at Ed.
“You do anyway,” Ed answered, grinning at Ali.
Alex turned slightly red, before walking down the staircase and into the kitchen. Teddy and Dan were cooking bacon, sausage and eggs, whilst Lily was enthusiastically telling them all about her feat over the other.
“And then, when they looked out the window, I jumped out the shower and ran!” Lily giggled.
“Lily,” Teddy said watching the pan of boiling water which was holding the eggs next to Lily, “I think you should go and do some piano or something. We don't want a repeat of the hot water bottle incident.”
“What happened?” Ed asked, as Charlotte and Dan burst out laughing.
Lily pouted. “Well I had this cool dog shaped hot water bottle, which I asked Teddy to fill up for me. And while Teddy was filling up the hot water bottle with water from the kettle, I trod on his foot accidentally and he dropped the hot water bottle, and we both burnt our legs. It was very painful. Not at all funny,”
“It's not your pain were laughing at,” Charlotte began,
“Speak for yourself,” Dan laughed, “Joking...”
“- It was just the fact that the reason that you trod on his foot was because you were excited about going to one of the guy's gigs, and in the end neither you or Teddy could go anyway,” Lotte finished.
Lily looked at Lotte, and sulked.
“How about another lesson?” Ali proposed.
Lily grinned. “Yes please Ali!” She squealed, skipping out the room, dragging Ali by the hand into the garage.
About ten minutes later, Alex popped his head around the garage door to tell Ali and Lily that breakfast was ready. Looking at the pair he was very surprised at what he saw. Ali was on his hands and knees, on the floor, whilst Lily sat on his back, playing on the keyboard.
“That should be an F, not a G,” Ali told Lily.
“What?” Lily asked her chair.
“You finger should be on the G, not the F,” Ali called.
“This isn't working,” Lily said pointedly.
“You need to sit down though,” Ali said to Lily as she climbed off of him.
“Yes, but you're not a very comfy chair. And I probably squashed you,” Lily laughed.
“er... guys? Breakfast is ready,” Alex called to them.
“Coming,” Lily said, smiling at Alex. She helped Ali up, before walking over to the door, which Alex was holding open.
“Ladies first,” Alex nodded at Lily.
“Thankyou,” Lily blushed, passing through the door, as Ali and Alex followed.
“Always the gentleman.” Ali joked.
“Of course,” Alex grinned as they sat down to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!