Parallel Worlds

Final Chapter

Lily sat down at the table next to Charlotte, who was in deep conversation with Ed. Teddy was dishing out food onto plates, and Dan was placing it in front of each person. Alex and Ali sat down and thanked Dan as he placed a dish of bacon, egg and sausages infront of them.
"Y'know what?" Dan said, sitting down and tucking into his bacon, "I don't understand how you can be vegetarian Lily."
"It's rather easy really." Lily said, picking up the lettuce on her plate.

Once they had all finished their food, and cleaned away the dishes, they all sat down in the front room. The clock above the mirror said that it was 12.30.
"What are you all doing today then?" Lily asked.
"Me and Ed are going to the cinema," Charlotte said, looking soppily into Ed's eyes.
"I'm going to teach my cousin the basic of piano." Ali said, grimacing at the thought of teaching a seven year old the piano.
"Me and Dan are going to help mum redo the kitchen." Teddy said, turning and grinning at Dan.
"I'm, well, I have nothing to do really." Alex said quietly.
"Ah, well, me neither." Lily said, moving awkwardly from foot to foot.
"Why don't you guy's stay in and have a movie session?" Charlotte said, smiling as Alex and Lily started to blush at the prospect of sitting together alone at home.
"YES!" Dan shouted, making everyone in the room jump, "Now that's sorted, lets go Ted!"
Dan rushed out of the room, followed by Teddy, who winked at Charlotte as he passed. There was a second silence, and then everyone heard Dan burst out laughing.
"Must've been at the rum." Ed said, struggling to keep a straight face.
"Well, I'm going now, I have to be there at Aunt Petunia's one. Have fun home alone with Lily, Alex." Ali said, grinning cheekily.
"We better go aswell, we'll be back later. Behave yourselves." Charlotte said, her voice laced with mock seriousness.
They all grabbed their coats, and after waving at the pair in the living room, exited the building.

"So." Lily said, attempting to break the icy silence.
"Erm, what films do you have?" Alex asked, looking over at the shelves.
"Most of the films are in my room," Lily mumbled, "Do you wanna go and have a look?"
"Sure." Alex said.
They walked up the stairs, during which neither of them knew what to say, and entered Lily's room. There was a large shelf in the corner, full of books, CD's, DVD's and board games.
"Well, these are the ones I usually watch," She said, waving slightly towards a small pile of DVD's. "But these are the other ones, that Dan and Teddy watch." She said, pointing at another significantly larger pile.
"Well, what do you want to watch?" Alex asked.
"I don't mind, what about you?" Lily said.
"No, no, you choose, I insist." Alex smiled.
"You're the guest, therefore you choose." Lily said playfully.
"Okay, how about we bring them all downstairs, and then we decide together. We can watch more than one film anyway." Alex reasoned, grabbing some DVD's.

Half an hour later, Alex and Lily were sat in the living room, with the curtains closed and lights off.
"It's just lke a cinema, minus the popcorn!" Alex grinned.
"Ooh, we can get popcorn!" Lily said, pulling Alex towards the kitchen by the hand.
She ran over to the cupboard and swinging the door open, reached for the popcorn.
"Here let me," Alex said quietly, reaching over her and grabbing it.
He got down from his tiptoes, and found that they were stood practically nose to nose.
"Thankyou," Lily whispered.
Alex felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, as he felt Lily's warm breath on his face. They moved apart and walked back into the living room, Alex clutching the popcorn a little more than necessary. They pressed play on the film and he saw Lily's eyes light up; She loved P.S I love you. The film had been on for quite a while, but Alex found that for much of the film, his eyes had been drawn to the girl sat next to him, rather than to the screen.
As the film ended, he heard Lily sigh.
"Oh, this film is so romantic.."
"Yeah, it is."
"If only a man loved me that much."
"I know one who does." The words had left his mouth before he'd even realised.
Lily turned to face him.
"You do?"
Alex could feel the heart beating in his chest.
"Can't you guess?"
There was a pause. Alex could see Lily, looking up to him, eyes like saucers.
"I'd prefer it if you told me," She said, blushing.
"How about I show you?" Alex said, leaning in and kissing her softly on the lips. When he pulled away, she was smiling, and instead of looking away awkwardly like she usually did, she pulled him to her again. Lily kissed him softly, wrapping her fingers in his unruly hair. He lifter her up and put her down on his lap, wrapping one arm around her waist and caressing her fsace with the other. Neither of them knew how long this kiss lasted, but both knew that they didn't want it to end. It wasn't until they heard a soft cough from behind them that they pulled apart.

"Well, well, well." Dan said, a mischevious smile plastered across his face.
Teddy stood frozen on the spot, with Charlotte and Ed, grinning like the cheshire cat. Ali, fr some reason, did not look suprised.
"It took you long enough." Ed said after a long pause.
"I told you she liked you," Teddy chirped.
"Well, it was bloody obvious, only Alex could have missed it!" Ali smirked.
"Well, at least now you can bring Lily on tour." Charlotte smiled.
"Tour?" Alex asked, looking between his fellow band members.
"Elliot Minor are going on tour!" The guys shouted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't such a great ending,
But we didn't know where else to go with it.
Hope you enjoyed it anyway! :)