Parallel Worlds

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Charlotte allowed Ed to lead her into the hallway, but refused to look at him when he stopped and turned towards her.

"Come on, Lotte," Ed coaxed, "You can tell me. I promise I won't tell the others if you don't want me to."

Charlotte muttered something incoherent and Ed leaned in closer to hear her.

She looked up and was surprised at how close they were.

"You," she breathed, as they closed the gap between them.

They leapt apart as they heard somebody clear their throat from the doorway.

"Well, well, well," Dan smirked, "That's an interesting way of telling him."

Charlotte glared at her twin as he looked between her and Ed, who was shuffling from one foot to the other, looking embarrassed.

"What's that look for, Lotte?" Dan chuckled, "It's not like I wouldn't find out. We are twins. We have this weird telepathic link...thing."

Charlotte raised an eyebrow at Dan.

"Telepathic link thing?" she queried, "You mean you are just nosy and would ask Lily to tell you everything?"

"Well...yeah, I suppose," Dan smiled, "Bit quiet aren't you, Ed?"

Ed opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again when he realised he had nothing to say.

Dan beckoned them back into the kitchen and announced that Charlotte had not revealed who she liked.

Charlotte marched over to Lily and dragged her upstairs. Once they were safely shut in her bedroom, Charlotte spoke.

"I am going to kill him! That evil git is at the top of my hitlist!" she told Lily.

"Why?" Lily asked, genuinely confused.

"He walked in on me and Ed kissing and now he's going to use that information as blackmail because he knows that Teddy will go all protective and stuff if he finds out," Charlotte explained.

"Aww! You kissed! That's so sweet!" Lily cooed.

Charlotte gave her a stern look.

"Come on. It can't be that bad. Why do you always worry about what Dan and Teddy will say? Teddy is too laid back to go mental over something like you and Ed kissing," Lily reassured her, "It's not like he can go on about Ed being older than you either, especially seeing as Dan's girlfriend has only just turned 17."

Charlotte's head snapped up at this new revelation.

"What?" she asked.

"Well...erm...he's kind of dating Mel," Lily revealed.

"Oh really," smirked Charlotte, getting up and moving towards the door, "Shall we go and watch the guys practice?"

She left the room and walked down to the basement, where the band was setting up, with Lily trailing behind her, looking a little confused at her sudden change of attitude.