Parallel Worlds

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

As they were making their way to the photo shoot, Charlotte's phone bleeped
and she picked up.
"Hi? Look Lotte, I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, I just reacted badly I-" Charlotte interrupted.
"Lily, it's ok, I know I was being stupid too, look just enjoy your date, I'll be at the studio shop on Realon Lane if you need me"
Charlotte shoved the phone in her pocket, and was surprised to see that Alex had appeared.
"That was Lily," Charlotte said.
"Is she ok?" Alex asked, with a slight tinge to his voice.
"Yeah, she's fine" Charlotte assured him. Alex nodded before entering the studio.
The band was in the studio now, and were all in the middle of taking photos. The photographer had let them mess around with the cameras. Ed shuffled towards Charlotte who was laughing at Teddy and Ali, and snapped a photo of her.
"No! Delete that!" Charlotte whined, as Ed ran off, smiling triumphantly.
Then, out of nowhere, Teddy's phone bleeped.
"Oi, Lotte, Lily said check your phone!" Charlotte nodded and pulled out her phone.
Lily's message was brief and was badly written, outside the studio, something to tell you.
"I'll be right back" Charlotte called to the others and rushed outside, to find Lily looking down at the ground.
"Lil," Charlotte said nervously, rushing over to her, "What happened?"
Lily looked up her eyes were red and she smiled weakly.
"Jason wants to be just friends… he likes a girl who's prettier, smarter, and kinder, and more fun to be with…"
Then she burst into tears. Charlotte guided her into the studio, and they stood in the waiting room, as Charlotte pulled out a tissue and wiped Lily's tearstained face.
"I feel like a baby, you nannying me like this…" Lily whispered, laughing weakly.
Suddenly the studio door swung open and Alex and Teddy rushed out, with Dan, Ali and Ed following.
"What happened?" Teddy asked, angrily "What did that boy do to you?"
Lily looked up as Charlotte and Teddy hugged her.
"Tell me what he did," Dan commanded "I'll knock his bloody head off"
"It's ok," Charlotte said, narrowing her eyes at her brothers, "She's ok now."
Lily looked up at her cousins and Charlotte mouthed "I'll tell you later" to
Teddy. He nodded.
"I'm ok, why don't you guys carry on with the shoot, I'll watch" Lily announced.
"Great idea." Ali said smiling, as he led her into the studio room.