Parallel Worlds

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Well..." Teddy began.
"Shut Up," Dan snapped.
"Where do you reckon Alex and Lily are?" Ali questioned.
"Dunno," Ed shrugged.
"I dread to think," Teddy sighed.
"Come on, they aren't terribly bright...and they are hyper. They can't have got far," Lotte said.
As they turned the corner Alex and Lily were revealed.
They were sat on the pavement and Lily was attempting to braid Alex's hair.
"Stop moving!" Lily squealed.
"Ouch! It hurts!" Alex wailed.
"Well if you don't move, it won't hurt," Lily said in a 'duh' voice.
"But... but... RUN!" He said pointing at the rest of the band.
Lily kept hold of Alex's hair as he tried to run, causing him to fall back to the floor with a satisfying thump.
"Owwwww!" Alex cried.
"C'mon guys time to go back now," Charlotte said, annoyed.
They refused to move.
"Watch and learn," Ali smirked, walking slowly towards them.
"C'mon time to go home now." he said in a motherly voice.
"Ok!" They giggled before, skipping up and back to the Hetherton's with Ali.
"How the bloody hell did you do that?" Charlotte, Teddy and Dan asked.
"Easy parenting skills!" he exclaimed.
"Emmm...Ali anything you'd like to tell us?" Ed asked.
Ali looked confused for a second and then he realised what the guys must have thought.
"No," he chuckled, "I used to babysit."
"That's a relief!" Dan said, "I was worried for a second then!"
"Why, worried you'd miss out on the fun?" Charlotte teased before running away.
"Cheeky little. . ." Dan muttered, running after Lotte.
"Are we the only mature ones?" Teddy asked as he spun to talk to Ali and Ed, but saw them attacking each other with sticks, "I spoke too soon."
Ed and Ali were pretending to have a lightsaber battle with sticks as Lotte came sprinting back with Dan hot on her heels. She ran straight into Ali, knocking him to the ground.
"You really are as immature as Dan, aren't you?" Ali asked.
"I'm more wisdomful than him," she replied, matter-of-factly.
Ali looked at her confused as they both stood up.
Suddenly Charlotte's phone rang. She picked it up. A few moments later she turned to Lily.
"Your mum says we all have to go to your house," she explained.
"No! My rooms a mess!" Lily squealed before running away to tidy it.
"Ok then..." Lotte said, "We'd better go slowly so she can actually tidy it up."
When they arrived they saw a large pair of hazel eyes staring out of the upstairs window.
Before they even knocked on the door, it swung open, revealing Lily's mother.
"Hello dears," she cooed, "Dinner's ready," she said, ushering them into the dining room, were Lily was stood in a blue, starry apron.
"Nice apron," Dan laughed.
Lily smiled sweetly but didn't react.
As they all sat down to a nice warm plate of spaghetti, Lily rushed around the table.
"Pepper?" She asked
Charlotte narrowed her eyes at Lily. She was being too nice.
"No thanks," Charlotte and Dan chorused.
"Yes please!" Teddy, Ali, Alex and Ed called out.
Lily looked down and grinned evilly. She went round, giving them pepper one by one.
"Cup of Tea?" Lily asked.
"Yep!" They all chorused.
"Sugar anyone?" She said politely.
"Yes please," The lads replied.
"No thanks, Lil," the twins said.
Lily glared at them, knowing they had figured out her plan.
As they all tucked in, Lily sat there smiling to herself as one by one the lads who took up her offers began to squirm.
"Hot, Hot, Hot!" Ali screamed.
"Eww. Is this salt?" Alex asked, spitting the tea back in the cup.
"You are dead meat, missy," Alex mock glared, "Care to help me teach Lily a lesson?" he asked Ali.
"Best be going..." Lily sang before running away.
Alex and Ali shot to their feet and ran after her.
"EEP!" Lily squealed as they rugby tackled her to the ground.
"How about we see how well Lily tidied her room?" Lotte sang teasingly.
"No!" Lily screamed, deafeningly loud, causing Alex and Ali to jump away from her.
"Cmon!" Lotte called leading them all up the stairs, "Here," she said opening the door.
Lily blushed a violent red as they all entered her room.
"I thought you tidied it?" Lotte asked, throwing a bra at her, "Put this away!"
"I did..." she mumbled.
Lily jumped onto her bed and Lotte followed.
"I'm going to the loo," Teddy called out.
"Ok," Lily said, waving him away.
"Thanks for sharing," Ed screwed up his nose.
"What's this?" Lotte teased, picking up a photo.
It was a photo of Alex and Lily at a party from a few months earlier.
"Oooooh!" Lotte squealed, "You've got a picture of you and Alex by your bed!"
Lily glared at Lotte and ran from the room. She sped past Teddy as he came out of the bathroom.
Teddy looked at Charlotte's guilty face and shook his head in disappointment before following Lily outside.
He found her sitting on the bench in the back yard, on the verge of tears. As he approached her, he asked what had happened.
"Charlotte started teasing me about the photo by my bed," she sniffled, "You know that I really like Alex, right?" Teddy nodded, "Well I didn't want him to find out just yet."
Just then, Lily and Teddy heard an awkward cough from behind them.
Lily spun around and suddenly blushed a bright red.
"What?" Teddy asked her, confused at her sudden change of colour.
He turned around and was shocked to see Alex stood behind them.
"Oh…I….um….well...I," Lily choked out..
"I came to see if you were alright..." Alex mumbled.