Parallel Worlds

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Shocked at Alex's sudden appearance, Lily turned around, so she didn't face him. There was a short awkward pause before Lily turned around.
"I need to...-" There was a pause while she thought of what she was going to say, "-go to a keyboard lesson." Lilly mumbled, before turning rushing away, her heart pounding, and tears forming. Charlotte having watched out of the window sighed. Turning to Ali she asked.,
"Ali? Could go and see if Lily's alright please?"
"Why me? Shouldn't you or Teddy go? You're her cousins" Ali replied, confused about why Charlotte had asked him to check on her.
"Because, she probably won't talk to me or Teddy at the moment, and she likes to say you're the older brother she never had," was Charlotte's reply. Looking at Ali's face of astonishment, she felt she had to prove she was telling the truth, so she pulled Lily's diary out from under her pillow and read:
"Ali was over today, I really like it when he comes round. He's like the older brother I never had,"
"See?"
"I'll see what I can do," Ali said, pleased at being regarded as Lily's older brother.
If Ali hadn't have known Lily very well, he wouldn't have been able to find her. But luckily, Ali was in-fact just like Lily's older brother, and conveniently knew where she would be. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Ali opened the under-stairs closet, and crawled in, squashing a carton of juice in the process.
"Lily?" Ali called
"Mmmf,"
"Come here," Ali heard shuffling before Lily appeared by his side. He hugged her, and pulled a tissue out of his pocket to give to her.
"Don't worry, It's not used," He assured her.
Lily laughed quietly, wiped the tears off of her face, and smiled up at Ali.
"Thankyou,"
"You do realise you'll have to come out sooner or late,"Ali said
"I'm only going out when you do," She retorted.
"Well I'm hardly going to sit in here on my own-" he paused "-unless there is a crate of strongbow here"
She laughed, "No only wine,"
Ali pulled a face, before standing up ( that is as high as he could without hitting his head) and helped Lily out of the closet.
"Don't tell them where you hid, " Ali told her,
"Why?" Lily asked, confused.
"You'd have a huge advantage in hide and seek,"
After a pause, where they both ceased laughing, Lily looked up at Ali and asked
"Could you possibly do something for me?"
"Depends what it is," He answered.
"Well, before I ran off, I said I was going to a keyboard lesson, could you possibly give me a few lessons?" Lily asked hopefully.
"Is that all? I thought you were going to ask me to lock Charlotte in a cage or something drastic like that. Of course I'll give you a few lessons,"
Lily gave out a squeal of happiness, before jumping up and hugging him once again.
"Thank you, I wanted to learn another instrument anyway," She grinned.
"What do you play?"
"The Tin-whistle,"
Both erupting into laughter, because of this small comment, Lily noticed something that made her laugh even harder.
Laughing, Lily pointed at Ali's trousers,
"That carton you sat on, has left a huge wet patch on your bum!" She said, almost crying with laughter.
"Dammit, I look like I've had an accident," Ali pouted.

Teddy and Alex, having just returned back inside, were heading upstairs. On entering Lily's room, the saw Dan prancing around Ed and Charlotte.
"What are you doing?" Teddy asked his brother.
"Me? Nothing," Dan replied innocently, "You should be asked what these two have been up to,"
Teddy's eyes narrowed as he looked at the pair,
"What have they been doing?" He asked sternly.
"Well, I was minding my own business, when I walked in her and saw the in a compromising position kissing. Who knows what could've happened if I didn't come in?"
"And this compromising position was?" Teddy asked.
"Sitting on his lap," Charlotte replied
Alex burst out laughing, as teddy walked over and playfully hit his brother around the head.
"Ouch!" Dan cried melodramatically.
"You had me worried then," Teddy told Dan, "You're so childish! Lily's more mature that you and she's-"
"The same age as his girlfriend," Charlotte finished.