Parallel Worlds

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"You're joking," Alex said, not knowing whether to laugh or be astonished. He looked at Teddy to see if that would show him what to do, and the look of Teddy's face, utter astonishment, told him precisely what to do.
"Nope," Charlotte replied. Smirking, "He's dating Lily's friend Melanie."
Teddy looked at Dan, shocked.
"17! You're 20! She's like a baby!" Ed cried.
"17's not really a baby," Alex commented.
"Yeah, Lily's younger." Dan retorted, "And not very trustworthy,"
"Where is she anyway?" Teddy asked.
"With Ali," Charlotte replied, leading them out of the room. They went downstairs, and on to the garage, where they could hear music. On entering the room, they saw Lily stood over the piano, singing a song, aswell as playing an easy melody, with Ali helping her along. Upon hearing the guys enter, they started and jumped away from one another, as if they were doing something wrong. Lily turned a deep shade of red, before swiftly returning to her "practise". Ali walked over to the guys, smiling.
"I thought her having piano lessons was an excuse," Ted stated, looking over at Lily.
"Erm...No..." Ali improvised, "She asked me a while ago, so we started a ... week ago. She's quite good you know," He grinned at her as she looked up, and she smiled back before continuing. Alex was watching them very carefully.
"Ali?" Lily called, "Can you help?"
"Sure," He rushed over, and helped her with a bit she was evidently struggling on. She stuck her tounge out in concentration, and when she completed the song, she grinned widely.
"Very good," Ali laughed, "You learn fast,"

"I never knew that Ali was teaching Lily!" Dan declared.
"Did anyone?" Ed asked. Everyone shook their heads. Charlotte snook a look at Alex. He was gazing over at the piano.
"Why is she learning a song from a musical?" He asked Lotte.
"What song? I don't recognise it." Charlotte replied, listening harder.
"Me neither," Dan agreed, puzzled.
Alex walked over to the piano.
"Will you sing it for us Lil?" He asked.
She blushed at her nickname, before answering, "Not until I know it better,"
Returning to the hard passage, she got it wrong, and after several failed attempts, a vexed Lily was persuaded by an understanding Ali to try it again tomorrow.
"Does anyone need to stay over?" Lily asked, "I'll sort the guest room,"
"I'm staying a Char- Dan's" Ed mumbled.
"You mean Lotte's," Ali teased.
"Would you mind if I and Ali stay here tonight?" Alex asked Lily quietly.
"Not at all," She smiled, "I'll get the room done,"
A few minutes passed and Lily came downstairs, pulling a face.
"Mother dear says that you'll have to sleep in my room. One on the top bunk, or one on the floor or... sharing with me,"
There was a short pause before Dan stood up, stretching he said, "Well best be off, you know, home,"
"I dibbs top bunk!" Ali called, looking at Lily and Alex staring down, embarrassed, "Yeah, it is a nice carpet,"
"We'll be over at 9-ish tomorrow Lils, Behave," Teddy said, walking over and hugging his cousin. "Night,"
After all the hugging and goodbye's were over, Lily turned to Ali and Alex.
"Need 'Jamas?" She asked.
"I'll just sleep in my boxers," Ali joked, "Please and Thank you Lils,"
"Thanks," Alex mumbled.
Lily ran upstairs, and returned down with some of Teddy's and Dan's Pyjamas.
"Why do you have your cousin's PJ's here?"
"Incase they get locked out of the house, or stay over."
There was a knock on the door, and Ali opened it to reveal a soaking Charlotte and Co.
"Locked out again?" Lily asked, ushering them indoors out of the rain. This should be fun, like a huge sleepover!"
She then squealed in happiness, before skipping upstairs. A few moments later, bedding came flying down the stairs, as Dan walked over to the sofa and pulled out a double bed. The sofa was pushed back, along with the armchairs and a double mattress was taken from the garage and placed on the living room floor.
"Okay," Lily began, "Ed and Charlotte, On the double mattress, Alex and Ali on the double pull out bed, I'll go on the sofa above, Ted and Dan on the armchairs."
"Sounds good to me," Dan grinned, pouncing at the larger and softer armchair. There was then a scramble for clothes. Teddy and Dan walked upstairs to get their Pj's, as Ali and Alex grabbed their loaned PJ's.
"Erm, Lil?" Alex mumbled, "I have two PJ bottoms,"
"Just give one to Ed," Lotte called, dragging Lily out of the room and upstairs so they could get changed. On entering the living room fifteen minutes later, (They'd sauntered outside for a while, so they didn't walk in on any of the lads changing) and saw all the lads lounging on their "Beds".
As Lily and Charlotte were seated on their beds, Lily's mother opened the door.
"Night guys," She said, "Teddy, keep them under wraps please," She smile at them all, before shutting the door quietly behind her. Lily's father popped his head around the door to say goodnight, and his eyes narrowed as he saw the two topless boys – Ed and Alex. "Lillian, Behave, Goodnight all, Teddy keep and eye on your cousin,"
After hearing the footsteps up the stairs, they all settled down in their beds. It was by now quite late, and people were getting tired. Dan was the first to go.
"Needs his beauty sleep," Ali laughed.
"What's the time?" Teddy asked.
"11.40," Lily replied, yawning.
She looked around to see who was asleep.
"Awww," Lily cooed, pointing at Lotte, who was asleep in Ed's arms. "How sweet,"
Teddy pulled a face before climbing under his blanket.
There were a few moments of silence.
'Ouch, Ali, move your elbow," Alex whined.
"I'm comfy now," Ali replied.
"You take up too much room," Alex mumbled grumpily.
"Shhh, everyone's asleep, I'll swap places with one of you if it'll keep you quiet." Lily whispered.
They shuffled around, and soon, everyone was comfortable, and asleep.