Status: New. Keep or Kill?

Denial.

Dillon.

“Are you serious?”

Jordan nods his head vigorously, like the excitement is too much for him to take. There’s this shit eating grin spreading across his face that makes him look much younger than he actually is. For a moment I imagine him as a small child who was just given candy. That’s really how he looked right now but I don’t blame him. I’d be pretty pleased if I were him.

Danny stood up for him. Ex-best friend Danny. He has every right to be happy.

“That’s great.” I smile too. “Maybe your best friend is still there. It might just take a while to dig him out.”

Jordan’s eyes flicker with a small amount of hope but that hope disappears quickly after he laughs dryly, “Don’t get my hopes up Dillon. We both know it’s unlikely.”

“Now don’t be such a Debby downer,” I say around a sigh. Crawling across my bed, I take a seat in Jordan’s lap. Immediately he throws his arms around my waist and bring me close to him so our chests touch. Jordan buries his nose into my chest and inhales deeply. “We shouldn’t get our hopes up too much but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have any hope at all.”

Jordan, after a moment of silent, nods. “You’re right.”

“Of course I am. I’m always right!”

With a roll of his eyes Jordan falls back onto the bed, bringing me with him. The both of us let out a soft ‘umph’ upon impact but then we fall silent, simply laying in each others arms. Jordan’s thumbs brush up my shirt to rub my sides softly. His lips brush my temple, pressing quick kisses every couple seconds.

Our cuddling session is ended at the sound of my bedroom’s doorknob jiggling. Jordan and I stiffen at the sound of my mothers voice, “Dillon, sweetie, why is the door locked?”

I sit up quick, rush to the door and fling it open with a shy grin. My mother peeks inside to see Jordan. She has seen him a bit more often lately and I think she really likes him, which is a relief. Smiling, mom says hello to Jordan than her eyes go wide as she gasps, “Were you boys watching porn!?”

Jordan is suddenly laughing so hard he manages to roll off my bed. I shoot him a glare then turn it to my mom. “No! What the hell makes you ask that?”

“It’s just that…the door was locked and I don’t know that was the first thing that came to mind.”

“Mom, get your mind out of the gutter!”

“Sorry but I’m going to make dinner. Jordan, are you going to stay?”

Jordan somehow manages to compose himself enough to answer her, “If that’s all right with you ma’am.”

Mom giggles at Jordan. “No need for the ma’am. I’ll call you both down when it’s finished.” At that mom disappears downstairs. Once gone I shut my door and lock it once again. I don’t care if it makes her suspicious, it’s better than her walking in on something we don’t want her to.

I think mom still believes I’m some innocent child because she never bothers to knock. I’m surprised she hasn’t walked in on an embarrassing situation yet. I’m just waiting for it to happen.

“It’s a good thing you locked the door,” Jordan says from his spot on the bed. When he got back up there I don’t know but I make my way over to him and take a seat on the edge.

I nod. “I know I’m pretty much a genius.”

The look on Jordan’s face states he strongly disagrees so I pout and roll off the bed and away from him. I decide to throw in a video game to play and take a seat on the floor. Jordan soon joins me but he lies on the floor with his head on my thigh while I play. Every now and then I’ll reach down to play with his hair, which he seems to like because he always whines when I stop.

Some time later mother calls and the two of us head downstairs for dinner. Jordan meets my dad, well he has met him before but never for longer than a minute or two.

“So you play football?” Dad asks, inspecting Jordan like a bug beneath a microscope. This makes Jordan uncomfortable so I gently brush my hand against his beneath the table as a, hopefully, form of comfort. When he smiles lightly I take that as my action was helpful.

Jordan nods and answers, “Yes, I do.”

Mom happily places dinner in front of all of us and takes her seat beside dad, across from me. Speaking of dad, he’s now looking to me with wide eyes. “You’re friends with a jock? No offense to you Jordan-”

“None taken.”

“Who are you and what have you done with my son?” Dad grasps my cheek, pinching in between his fingers. I yelp in pain. There is nothing nice about pinching someone’s cheek!

“Dad, it’s not that shocking,” I whine, rubbing the reddening area. “Jordan isn’t like the other guys. He’s actually pretty decent.”

“Pretty decent?” Jordan snorts. The boy crosses his arms with a scowl. “I see how it is.”

“Shut up, you know what I meant.” I playfully elbow Jordan in the side. He laughs along with myself and parents. Dinner goes great and afterwards Jordan announces that it’d be best if he leaves. After my parents say good-bye and head into the living room I walk Jordan out onto the front porch, shutting the door behind us.

“That was nice,” Jordan says to me with a grin. “Your parents are pretty cool. It was nice to actually talk to them for longer than a few minutes when coming or going from the house.”

I shrug in response, a slight blush forming on my cheeks. I’ve always found my parents embarrassing. All kids normally do but I find mine to be especially embarrassing. Dad acts more like a child than I do…not that I would have him any other way.

“I guess…they’re pretty lame though.”

What I say has Jordan chuckling and reaching out to grab my hip, bringing me a little closer. The both of us look in all directions for any sign of on lookers. When no one is in sight Jordan leans in to crash his lips against mine. I melt into his touch easily, running my hands up his chest to his neck.

Our tongues mingle for a few moments before pulling apart, breathless. Jordan sighs against my lips, “I’ll see you at school tomorrow.”

And with that Jordan leaves.
♠ ♠ ♠
What....WHAT IS THIS?
AN UPDATE FOR DENIAL? Why yes, yes it is
However Lili has asked me if I could finish this on my own and I said yes because...well neither of us really want to write it anymore but I will finish it and I'm going to apologize if these chapters are shit. I'm seriously trying. There won't be too many chapters but I'm going to try and not end it TOO abruptly, know what I mean?
I am going to post Ch. 28 today too. I wrote two chapters to post so you guys can get spoiled in one day ^.^

Comment&Subscribe?