Status: Completed.

Flaming Youth.

The Girl I Love.

The following day, I felt just as horrible. I called up Sodapop, who left at the wee hours of the morning. He said he'd come pick me up and I could stay at their house. The only problem was, Dally would be there.

When I got there, he lay me gently on the couch. Dally was sitting on one of the armchairs. I looked at him but didn't say a word. Soda returned and placed and cool washcloth on my forehead.

"Need anythin' else?" He asked, smiling.
I shook my head no, not able to respond correctly.
"I'm heading off to work, Ponyboy and Johnny will keep you company." Soda said, buttoning up his DX shirt. I got to see a bit of his yummy stomach.
"If you want anythin' to eat or drink, just ask them. I told them specifically to help you."

Sodapop left with Darry and Steve. Two-Bit wasn't here today and I was stuck with Dally, Johnny and Ponyboy.
Dally kept stealing glances at me, and I did the same.

I threw up at least three times each hour, Dally held my hair for me, but we never spoke. I couldn't believe he loved me and cared for me so much. Soon enough, Johnny and Ponyboy left to go watch the sunset. I couldn't believe how fast the day had gone.

Sodapop arrived around 11 pm, with Steve trailing behind him, in a zombie-like state. Poor boys, gotta be overworked all the time. Darry seemed the most tired, although, he's got two jobs. I came over once in a while and cleaned and cooked for them, but now, I felt powerless.

Sodapop came and picked me up bridal style, and placed me on his bed.
"How was your day, baby?" I asked.
"It was fine, how about yours?"
"Alright, except I was sick all day." I moaned sadly.
He kissed my forehead, and put another cold washcloth on it.

He slipped out of his work uniform, and slid into bed with me. I didn't want to give him my flu, but...he insisted.

We fell asleep, even with me waking up quite a few times in the night, finally on the rays of the morning sun.