Status: Completed.

Flaming Youth.

Never Too Late.

A week later...

We returned to Tulsa, very early in the morning. But just early enough to catch Ponyboy, Sodapop and Darry getting ready to leave. I sped up to the house, and slammed the breaks just as soon as I got to the front of it.

"I told you, Dallas, The Beatles are alright." I argued.
"Why are they? They sing love songs...it's annoying." He sighed.
"Because, I know one day, they'll be more than that!" I said and he smiled at me.
"WOAHHH!!...tuff car. I didn't think that they made 'em red too." I heard Steve said, before bombarding me into a hug.
"Hey Steve!...custom made!" I yelled, then Soda, Pony AND Darry rushed out. I giggled while the boys hugged me all at the same time.
"Heyyy! Hands off my girl." Dallas joked, chuckling at us.
"Ya mean?" Sodapop asked, smiling.
I nodded.

School

Damn, I missed out on school, thank god my friends helped me out. No one mentioned the death of Evan, so that was a good sign. I missed Dallas, but there was only a few months of school left, then I'd be a graduate. I couldn't wait!!!

We were walking home, when Johnny said he'd go to the lot to practice his football, and Ponyboy had track meeting. So I decided to head over to the DX. Of course, Sodapop hugged me at my arrival.
"C'mon Soda! Leave the girl alone." Steve joked. I giggled at both of them and Sodapop smiled.
"I'm sorry, Rylee. I just missed ya so much!"
"I missed you too...all of you...A lot." I said and we just hung out until their shift was over.

We were walking back home, all of us, Dally, Darry, Two-Bit, Steve, Sodapop and Ponyboy. We were wondering if Johnny was still in the lot. That's when I saw the most horrific scene ever. Bob was pounding his fist into Johnny's face.

I rushed over, screaming to Bob for him to stop. But he wouldn't hear any of it. I gripped on his arm, and pushed him back.
"C'mon Rylee...come back to our side." He said. I pulled out my butterfly knife, Dallas had bought it for me, and he backed off.
"Leave Johnny alone." I snarled.
The rest of the gang came rushing over.
"Fine, whatever! You're just a lousy bitch anyways!" He yelled at me.
I rolled my eyes and got down on my knees.

Johnny looked pretty bad, but it could have been worse if I hadn't stopped this. I cradled him in my arms, shushing him and soothing him.
"I'm so sorry, Johnny..." I whispered. He was crying and he seemed like he'd give out in any minute.
"It's not your fault, Rylee." He gasped out.
"Nobody's gonna hurt you anymore, Johnnycakes." Sodapop said and messed with Johnny's hair.

I took Johnny to my house, Dallas following us. The rest of the gang just went home, feeling very bummed out. I cleaned up his cuts and allowed him to spend the night, there was no way he'd stay out there with those stupid Socs around. I know, I'm a Soc...but I've proved myself more Greaser in so many ways.

He fell asleep on the couch, gripping the blanket like as if it was his life. I smiled at him and looked back at Dallas.
"I hate Socs." I sighed.
"You are one!" He said angrily.
"I know...I know...I'm so sorry Dallas...this is all my fault." I said and started sobbing. Soon, Dallas had his arms around me, and was stroking my hair.
"It's not your fault...you're not a Soc either. You're ten times better than those bastards." He said and sighed.
"I love you, Rylee...with all my heart." He said and grinned.
I looked up at him, teary-eyed. "Dallas, I love you too." I said and we decided to head to bed early.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=21122929 <- Rylee's outfit :D Go check it out.

Also, it's gonna start getting into the book.