Status: Completed.

Flaming Youth.

Coma.

I remember pulling Rylee, who was unconscious, out of the church. I also remember the ambulance taking us in. They pointed to my arm, which had been burned pretty badly. I shrugged and let them take a look at it, I didn't care if I was hurt, I only cared if Rylee was alright.

When we got to the hospital, they took me to another room. I struggled against the doctors, but they said they had to do some important tests and I couldn't be in that room. I sighed and sat on the hospital bed. I wondered how Johnny and Ponyboy were. I remember Ponyboy being alright, but Johnny got some pretty bad burns. If Rylee hadn't found him in time, he would have been hurt badly...

Fuck, why'd I let her go help those kids? I should have grabbed her before she got out of the car.

I felt guilty. If she dies, it'd be my fault. I'm a horrible friend and an even worse boyfriend...I didn't deserve her. I don't even know how she can love a hood like me. She had so much going for her. She was smart, beautiful, kind and so amazing. How did I, Dallas Winston, end up with such an angel?

I thought back to a few years back when she first met me. We were both twelve and she got on my nerves pretty badly. I remembered developing a big crush on her and wanting to kiss her. Then I thought back to when she came back to the gang, forgetting her Soc friends...then my mind slipped to when I took her innocence. God, she was tight...

I shook my head, no sense of getting a hard on in the hospital. I decided to let my eyes flutter shut and try to sleep...

Hours later, a nurse woke me up and told me I could go see her. I felt my heart beat faster. I hoped she was alright.
In the room with her was her mother and father, whom I've met only once. They frowned at me when I got in. I sat down next to Rylee and just looked at her. She looked so pale, but so weak. I blamed myself for this. I couldn't help it.

"She's in a coma." The doctor said. A coma? A fucking coma? How could I let this happen?
"It may take her two days, two weeks, two months or even...two years to wake up. We don't know yet. All we know is, if you talk to her, it helps quicken the process of her waking up."
I wanted to strangle that doctor. If she didn't wake up, I'd kill him.

Rylee didn't deserve this. She was so sweet and... Why her?

"It's all your fault, you stupid hood!" Her father yelled. I glared at him. If looks could kill...
Her mother looked at me apologetically.
"Harold, he was the one who brought her out of the church. If it wasn't for him, she'd be dead." She explained.
His expression softened and he said nothing.

A few hours later, they left me alone with her. I would stay with her, day and night. No way was I going to leave her. It's my fault she's in here anyways.
Soon, the doctors went to do more tests, so I went to check up on Johnny and Ponyboy. I told them what happened, and they looked sad. Can't blame them, Rylee was like our little ray of sunshine. My love...

That night, I fell asleep in a chair next to Rylee. I held her hand throughout the night. She jerked sometimes, but the doctors assured me it was normal. She was in a deep sleep, meaning she would dream and that she'd have sudden movements and would moan or groan occasionally.

Rylee, I love you...
♠ ♠ ♠
^_^ See, Dallas has a soft side <3 next chapter will be in either Sodapop's or Ponyboy's P.O.V...then the chapter after that will be in Johnny's...:D So many things to come!