Status: Completed.

Flaming Youth.

Who Knew.

They let me see Rylee, the day after. When I walked into the room, Dallas was asleep on the chair, beside her bed. I saw that he was holding her hand.

I nudged Dallas a bit, who opened his eyes, confused. When he saw me, he had a smirk on his face, then looked over to Rylee. His smirk disappeared.

"Is she gonna be alright?" I asked.
"...They said she might wake up in two days, two weeks, two months or even...two years."
I could tell he was in much pain, he loved her a lot. And that's saying something, Dallas doesn't love anybody...well except for Johnny. Now, he loves Rylee.

"Well, I'm going to go see Johnny...do you want to come with me?" I asked, hopefully he'd say yes.
"Yeah, sure."
So we both left the room, he looked over his shoulder to see her and finally, we just walked out.

Johnny's room was a few doors down, and he was awake. His burns were pretty bad, but he'd survive. I was glad I wasn't losing my best friend.

"Hey Dal, how's Rylee?" Johnny asked, he sounded a bit weak.
"...She's in a coma, Johnny." Dallas said, he was angry at the world.
"She saved my life." Was all Johnny said.

I looked at both of them, in much pain. Johnny's was physical and Dallas' was emotional. Dally's usually cold and doesn't feel much emotion, but Rylee's different.

She was like our mother, to all of us. She helped out with everything. She didn't deserve this.

We went back to Rylee's room, but the doctors didn't let us in. They were doing more tests. Hopefully, they'd be able to wake her up.

Dallas and I decided to stay with Johnny, try to cheer him up. But I think it was Dally who needed more cheering up than anyone. I mean, we all loved Rylee, but he was in love with her...Or so I think.

"Hey, Dal...are you in love with Rylee?" I questioned, afraid of him getting angry. Except, he sighed and looked down, embarrassed.
"Y-yeah...I think so." He stuttered out. I wanted to laugh, he was acting like Johnny right now and it was really funny.
Johnny smiled at me and I smiled back.
"Don't go tellin' people I've gone soft!" He roared, but then laughed, "I'm only kiddin'."

When I was going home, I invited Dallas back, but he declined. He said he wasn't leaving her side. He'd stay with her, in case she woke up. He wanted the first thing for her to see was him.

He's in love...