Status: Completed.

Flaming Youth.

Stranglehold.

Monday morning...

As I walked along the sidewalk, not bothering to take my car, I waved to Steve and Soda, who were outside of the DX, working on a car.

"Hey girl, you goin' to school?" Steve asked.
I nodded and smiled.
Steve and I had always been good friends, despite the fact he doesn't really like Ponyboy.
"You be careful with those Socs around." Sodapop said.
"I am a Soc, Soda." I said and giggled.
"...You're a greaser to me." He said, smiling.

When I got to school, I spotted Ponyboy. I ran up to him and hugged him.
"Aren't you afraid of ruining your reputation?" He asked.
"Of course not! You're like my little brother. I wouldn't leave you." I said and we walked to the cafeteria together.

Everyone stared at us, giving Ponyboy glaring looks or giving me confusing looks.
"What's wrong with y'all? Haven't y'all seen two friends hang out before?" I shouted at them.
They all continued what they were doing, probably confused as hell.

"Thanks, Rylee." Ponyboy said, smiling widely.
"No problem, Pony. Now, what's your first class?" I asked him.
"Math." He groaned and bowed his head.
"You'll get through it, I'll see ya later, alright?"
"Sure thing, Rylee..." He sighed and walked to his locker.

At lunch time, Bob and Randy offered a seat at their table, but I refused, decided to go to the DX and see Sodapop. They looked at me with a puzzled look, but shrugged.
When I got there, Soda hugged me tightly and offered me a soda. How ironic. I opened it and sipped on it slowly.

"So, girly, how was your day?" He asked.
I sighed and shook my head.
"That bad, huh?"
I nodded, not in the mood to talk about it.

Just then, the door opened revealing Dally. He smirked at me, but kind of glared at Sodapop, who had his arm around me.
"How's my girl doin'?" Dally asked.
"...Horrible." I sighed, ignoring the fact that he called me his girl.
"Why's that? Any Socs I should be bustin' their heads in for ya?" He asked.
I giggled and shook my head.
"Don't worry about it, Dallas." I said and jumped up on the counter.

Lunch break went by quickly, I walked back to school and still had five minutes left though.
When I walked through the school doors, Bob pushed me to the side of the wall.

"Why are you hanging with those greasy hoods?" He snarled.
"Because, Robert, it's none of your god damn business!" I said and pushed him off.
I realized, by hanging out with Dally, my attitude changed. I was no longer a pushover.
"You better stay away from them, especially that Dallas. He's not good for your reputation." He snapped back.
"Shut up, Bob! I don't give a damn about my rep! I used to be a greaser once!" I shouted, turned around and fled to my locker.

What was it with people and caring about my reputation?