Status: Active

Take This To Your Grave

Chapter One

Why do I work here? It’s the same thing every night, snobby people coming in to eat expensive food, drunks sitting at the bar hitting on the waitresses then the occasional good family will come in for a nice dinner. But I need the money to help pay off the college education that I got. Even though I’m a college graduate I still can’t find a job as a music teacher, it’s actually kind of sad. So, that’s why I’m working here at Lions Den, a local restaurant and bar until I can find another job to pay the bills.

“Have a good night.” I said smiling to a family walking out. They smiled back at me and walked out the door. The clock struck ten which meant I only had to endure another hour of this work. Usually the last hour is just cleaning up because no one comes in for dinner at ten o’clock.

The bell rang signalling someone walking into the restaurant. I turned around to face the door, one man walked in. He looked to be in his mid-twenties, short blonde hair with a blonde beard and big blue eyes. Very cute in my opinion, as he walked closer I noticed that he looked a hell of a lot like Bob Bryar.

“Good evening sir,” I said as he got to the hostess podium. “Will you be at a table or the bar tonight?”

“Um the bar is fine please.” Wow, he even sounds like Bob from the interviews I’ve watched.

“Right this way.” I smiled and started walking. I led him to the bar where he picked a seat and sat down. I walked around to the other side of the bar and stood in front of him. I looked into his eyes and almost got lost in them.

“Can I get you anything to drink?” I asked setting a menu down in front of him.

“Coke please.”

“Sure thing,” Quickly, I put some ice in a cup and filled it with coke. I studied him as I set the beverage down in front of him and I couldn’t get over how much he looked like Bob Bryar whom I have had a crush on for years.

“Do you need a few more minutes?” I asked.

“Can you recommend something good?” He asked his blue eyes piercing my brown ones again.

“Well, the fettucini alfredo is really good.”

“Okay then I’ll have some of that please.”

“Coming right up,” I smiled and I could see him kind of smirk back at me. In turn as I was walking away my smile became larger. I put the order in to the chef and went back to the bar. As I was walking toward the blonde man I decided to ask him a question.

“Excuse me,” I said walking back to him. “Do you mind if I ask you a question?”

“Not at all,” He said.

“Do you know who Bob Bryar is?” As soon as the name came out of my mouth he started laughing. “Why are you laughing?” I asked.

“I am Bob Bryar.” He said still slightly chuckling.

“No way….” I looked at him more closely.

“Yes way.”

“Wow, it really is you.” He was smiling at me and me at him. “It’s so nice to meet you Mr. Bryar.” I said in amazement.

“Please, call me Bob.” He stuck his hand out. “And yours would be?”

“Oh, Ellie Jameson.” I grabbed his warm hand and butterflies started swarming in my stomach.

“Pleased to meet you Ellie.” As he smiled and blushed that’s the moment I knew I had truly fallen for Robert Bryar.

We talked for what seemed like forever and I could feel myself wanting him. He asked me about my life and what I plan to do with it and I asked him about being in a band and what it’s like to tour. My shift ended and the restaurant was closing but Bob still hadn’t left.

“Okay it’s time for me to leave now.” I said as I got my stuff and took out my keys. Bob got up from the stool and we headed out the door. “So where are you staying while you’re in town?”

“Actually, in the hotel right next door.” He chuckled. “Would you like to come and meet the rest of the guys?”

“Sure, I can spare a few minutes.” As we walked next door to the hotel I felt Bobs hand grasp mine and I pulled away from him. We stopped walking and looked at each other.

“I’m sorry, sometimes I do stupid things.” Bob said looking at the ground.

“No, it’s okay. I just think it’s a little soon because I just met you,” I said. “Let’s just forget about it and go meet your friends.”

We made it to the hotel safely. The lobby was decorated very nicely but it looked like every other hotel I’d stayed in. Bob led me up a set of stairs and down a hallway filled with rooms. We walked to the end of the hallway and he put his key in the last door on the right. I could hear male voices inside the room, it sounded like they were playing video games or something. The door opened and sure enough there were four grown men scattered about the room playing Playstation.

“Bob you’re back!” Said Frank pausing the game. “And you brought a woman back with you…”

“Guys this is Ellie, she works at the restaurant next door.” Bob introduced me.

“Hey Ellie, did he tell you that we’re all rapists?” Gerard said. We all started laughing except for Bob who just shook his head and started walking toward the rest of the guys.

“You can sit wherever you’d like,” He said. “I promise we won’t bite.”

I chuckled and sat down on the bed with Bob. For a while we sat and watched the others play a game. There was some light conversation but it was mostly the guys asking me about myself. Apparently Bob usually wasn’t one to bring home girls so they were also teasing him a bit. I looked at the clock on the night stand, it read 1:30 in the morning. Holy crap, I better get home.

“I’ve got to get going soon.” I said standing up from my seat on the bed.

“Alright, I’ll walk you back to your car.” Bob said getting up as well. After saying good-bye to the others Bob and I walked out of the room.

“So what’s going to happen after tonight?” Bob asked me.

“What do you mean?”

“Well are we going to see each other again? Keep in contact?”

“Yes, I would like to. We could trade numbers and keep in touch that way.” I suggested.

“Okay,” Bob said. We exited the hotel without another word. To tell the truth, I felt the urge to reach over and kiss Bob but I think that would be a little much for right now.

Like a true gentleman he walked me to my car. I opened the drivers door and reached over the the passenger seat for my notebook and pen. I opened the notebook to a blank page and wrote down my cell number then I tore out the page and gave it to Bob. He took the notebook from my hands and did the same thing.

“Well I’ll be expecting a call from you Mr. Bryar.” I teased.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be hearing from me.” He said seriously. I felt my cheeks flush red, it had been a while since a guy was this nice to me.

“I’m looking forward to that.” I said. Then and impulse came over me and I felt my face growing closer to Bobs. My lips contacted with his warm cheek and then quickly pulled away. I looked at him and he was smiling.

“Good-bye Ellie.” He smiled, then turned and started walking away.

“Hey!”

“Yeah?” He turned around at my call.

“How long are you guys in town for?” I asked realizing that I forgot that question.

“For the rest of the week.”

“Would you like a tour of the town tomorrow?” I hoped he wouldn’t say no.

“Yeah, I’d love that and the guys would too.”

“Okay, call me.” I smiled then got in my car and started it up. I sat there and watched Bob until I couldn’t see him any longer. I sort of felt like a stalker but oh well. When I couldn’t see him I pulled out of the parking lot and drove home. All the way home I felt myself growing more nervous for the plans I made for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter!
Comments are appreciated.
Next one coming soon
xoxo
Hannah