Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter fifteen

“Me? Avoiding you? Come on, why would I do that? I mean, come on. Psh, why would you assume I was avoiding you?” I rambled, running a hand through my hair and rubbing the back of my neck. Was it that noticeable that I was avoiding him? Maybe, but I never said I was good at acting. I stared at him until he just started laughing at me.

Sitting next to me, Roydon said, “Yes, you avoiding me. Tell me why?”

I could…nope, not gonna. “So, what do you think about global warming and all that? Because I think it’s all shit and nobody really cares. They’re all just saying they care so people give them money and attention.” I really do; though I’m sure some people actually care, but not many. Not me.

“Bailey.” Roydon said in a warning tone.

“Roydon.” I mimicked his tone.

“Why are you avoiding me?”

So I did what any sane person would do really; I ran. Well, actually, when I reached the stairs it was more of a stumble, fall, and then jump to stop myself from getting hurt. I knew he was after me when I heard careful footsteps behind me.

“What are you-?” Mom asked while at the same time Bethany asked, “Why are you-?” It was kind of creepy how close they had gotten over the days they’ve been around each other. Dad found it a little weird too, but he also says it’s cute. They were cut off by the front door slamming shut between me and Roydon. If he wanted to get me, he better open the door himself.

It all turned into one big game of hide n’ seek. I would find a good spot to hide in until he’d turn up there too and then I’d run and find a new hiding spot in hopes he wouldn’t find me. Of course he did, he always did. Now I was hiding in the basement between the back of the couch and the cold wall.

“Bailey, lunch time!” Someone called from near the basement door as my stomach growled. I hit it, mumbling for it to shut up. But the promise of food was like heaven to my grumbling stomach so I popped up from my hiding spot only to be tackled by Thurstan. I was pulled onto the couch with my hands held by Denny and Thurstan and forced to talk. Roydon stood before me, smirking. Figures he’d need help.

“Now, why are you avoiding me?” He asked one last time before I gave up and told him.

Without thinking and being my stubborn self who still didn’t want to admit to him the truth, I lied, “Because I hate you!” Roydon frowned, looking deeply sad while Thurstan dropped my hand in shock. Denny, I think, knew that would happen. He’s been around my stubborn self too much.

Why do I feel like I just fucked up big time?
♠ ♠ ♠
so i deleted one of my stories because i just didn't like the idea anymore-and i had no idea where to begin-. i think i'll put up a different story, because i actually know what i'm gonna do for the story. idk if i should...

[thanks for commenting, SexyPeanutButter && Muffins_cupcake]
--srry again that the chapters are so short. :(