Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter sixteen

Baby-sitting yet again.

I’m sitting on babies. There are babies walking around with my ass print right on their faces. Weird thought? Yes, indeed, it is.

“No, Eddie,” I sighed, grabbing the violet crayon from the small child before he shoved it up his nose, “you have to be kidding, right?” Eddie shrugged, grabbing a different crayon and coloring in a spot on the Barbie coloring book. We had went shopping with Denny to Target. I bought coloring books, two packets of crayons, and some bottled water because at the time I was just too thirsty. “You’re how old?”

Nikki exchanged the violet crayon in my hand for a red one. She smiled when I gave her a look. “You know how old we are, Lee-lee.” I sat down at the table in the kitchen a cross from them. Denny was in the living room with Thurstan and Roydon. It’s been a day since I, yet again, lied and told him I hated him.

“I know I do, Nikki, but I want you to tell me.” I said with a fake smile.

“We’re seven, Carmen.” Eddie said, exchanging crayons. He called me by my middle name a lot so I’m used to it.

I smiled, “That’s right, kid, so why are you shoving crayons up your nose?” Eddie ran a hand through his short red hair with a weird look on his face.

“Looked like fun; I don’t know. Why aren’t you sticking crayons up your nose?”

“Because then I’d be stupid.” I answered, watching the twins swap crayons.

“Wow, your even a bitch to seven-year olds.” Roydon said, entering the kitchen and grabbing himself a bottled water. Those were mine, I wanted to yell, but since we’re already not talking I figured it’d be best to shut my trap for a while. He seemed to see differently about our situation. Roydon hopped onto the kitchen counter, looking hot as ever in a tight shirt and skinny jeans that fit him amazingly. “I thought I was just given special treatment.” Roydon added sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, facing him. “Now how old are you, Roy? Five with a potty mouth?” He flinched when I called him Roy, but tried to cover it up like he tried covering up the fact he seemed to like my outfit choice.

“Don’t call me Roy, only people I like can call me that.” He said, eyes drifting over to my short shorts and then on my chest for a second too long. I shifted a bit so his eyes looked up at mine again. It made me smirk a little.

“Don’t you mean only Icall you that?”

“Not anymore, Bailey. You hate me remember?”

“O-oh, y-yeah.” I knew I felt like that for a reason, now I know what it is. We aren’t friends anymore; he really thinks I hate him. Maybe I should trying acting, or at least lying, more often. I shook my head to get those thoughts away before telling him, “I didn’t mean that, you know.”

Roydon glared at me, crossing his arms against his chest. “No, I don’t know that. Why’d you even fucking-oops-” he covered his mouth with his hands, looking at the twins who were smiling and coloring.

“It’s nothing they haven’t heard before from their parents or at school.” I reminded him.

He shrugged, “Why’d you say you hate me if you don’t hate me?”

“To cover up the truth, duh.” Nikki giggled, even though she seriously didn’t know how correct she was. In fact, I’m sure she was only guessing when she said that. Roydon’s eyebrows pulled together in confusion while Eddie ignored his surroundings and colored simply. I bit my lip, feeling my heart beats speed up by nervousness. “Are you blind, Roydon? Can’t cha tell Bailey likes you?”

I think I just peed my pants.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki's a good guesser, isn't she? :)

[thanks for commenting, Trig-ger && SexyPeanutButter && Muffins_cupcake]