Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter eighteen

Hide n’ seek is sort of a pointless game, don’t cha think? I mean, I love the game, but it gets boring when you play it for hours. And this game just happened to be Nikki and Eddie’s favorite game.

Denny was it. Thurstan was inside the house watching TV in the living room claiming it was his ‘hiding spot.’ Eddie was hiding in the bushes behind our house. Nikki was hiding somewhere in the house, probably the kitchen because she’s always hungry. That way she can eat and hide. Roydon was hiding under the coffee table in the living room, watching TV with his brother. I was hiding in my room because suddenly, I got tired and a headache appeared.

“You’re bad at this game.” A voice told me from inside my slightly open closet. I jumped, accidentally falling off the bed with a thud. The person giggled, giving away that it was Nikki. “The point is to hide, not to sleep in the open.” Nikki pushed open the closet so I could see part of her red hair and part of her face, but still be a little hidden. I sat down on my bed, glaring at her. I’m not tired anymore.

“I’m sorry we’re all not pro’s at hide n’ seek like you.” I told her sarcastically.

“Practice makes perfect, Lee-lee.”

“Bails, Nik, Denny found Ed.” Roydon reported, crawling into the room and onto my bed beside me. I leaned onto his shoulder while Nikki stepped out of the closet with a giggle. “Thurstan was found too, but he really wasn’t playing to begin with.”

“Neither was I.” I smiled.

“Found you!” Denny cheered after Eddie came and sat on beside Nikki on the floor. Thurstan dragged himself onto my bed, falling asleep shortly after laying down. I rolled my eyes. Lazy bum. Denny laid down next to Thurstan with his feet in my lap. “Please promise me we’re done playing. I’m begging.”

“But Den,” Nikki whined, “what’ll we do then? I’m bored.”

“How bout we take turns hitting you?” I suggested, smiling at her. Nikki stuck her tongue out at me, glaring as well.

“Roydon, control her!” Nikki yelled, pointing a finger at me.

“Eddie, control her!” I mimicked Nikki.

We ended up watching a movie where Denny fell asleep with his head in Thurstan’s lap. Nikki fell asleep on the couch and Eddie asleep in a recliner. I fell asleep in Roy’s lap. He was the only one who stayed awake the whole movie.

Maybe tomorrow it’ll just be Roydon and me. I do have some questions for him…
♠ ♠ ♠
this may be the last update today. i'll probably update later tonight though because i have nothing better to do sadly. :(

[thanks for commenting, dinorawr && SexyPeanutButter && Muffins_cupcake && ZoieBear]