Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter twenty-one

“Mom.” Denny shouted, walking around the house later that morning with me behind him. He felt the need to tell our mother of the fact he hit me with a door at five in the morning. We headed down stairs to find Bethany and our Mom laughing it up in the dining room. Denny glared at her as we walked up to our mom; his grip on my wrist tightened. “Mom,” She said ‘huh’ and he continued, “I hit Bailey in the face with a door, I felt you should know this.” I couldn’t help but laugh at the fact he said it with a straight face that looked almost bored. He said it like it happened every day. “Oh, and now she’s got a huge bruise, see.” He lifted my chin so they could see the bruise.

“Oh my-”

“Shut it, Bethany.” Denny snapped. Bethany went wide-eyed, a hand over her mouth. Shocked.

“Well, uh, Den,” Mom said, trying to control her laughter, “is there a reason you hit your sister with a door? When did this happen anyways?” I rolled my eyes, rubbing my elbow.

“About five in the morning, and no, there was no reason behind it. It was an accident.” Gosh, how can he be so calm about this? It makes it funny. He said it like it was no big deal and he hits people with doors often. I sat down at one of the table where I always sit and Denny sat a cross from me.

“Why were you up at five in the morning?” Bethany asked, but Denny didn’t even look at her or answer her for that matter so Mom repeated her question.

“Oh, arguing.”

“With Bailey?” Mom asked.

“No, Thurstan. He left and I came to Bailey’s room because I was-” his eyes flickered to Bethany- “crying a little and she was opening the door so I hit her in the face by accident.” Mom frowned as Dad came and stood behind her chair.

“What happened with Thurstan?” Dad asked. They were both perfectly fine with Denny being gay and all, because it’s who he is and you can’t change that.

“A fight.” Denny grumbled before grabbing my wrist and yanking me upstairs with him. Gosh, I’m such a good little sister. “We never want to see them again!” He shouted down to the adults.I wanted to see them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
[thanks for commenting, Millerbrat]

New story: When Our Packs Collide
&& if your subscribed to the story How To Get That Boy, sorry it's not being updated. My co-writer isn't writing anything so i might just write that one on my own. We're working things out. Thanks for being patient. :)