Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter twenty-two

“I hate this; it’s so stupid!” Denny shouted at the TV and at me as we watched a movie that night. It was supposed to be a horror movie but it was so stupidly fake, that it was pathetically funny. Denny rolled his eyes as the lady went into the scary-looking woods. Seconds later, she was seeing the monster and screaming her head off. “Why would you go in the dark, scary woods anyways? I mean, the old officer policeman dude told her not to, but she did anyways. That’s just asking to be eaten by a large hairy monster, right? Gosh,” Denny shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth and continued to speak, “don’t they watch movies in these movies?” He gets so worked up about it, it’s funny.

“It’s just a movie, bro, calm down.” I laughed.

“Not my fault it’s a stupid movie, Bay.”

“Who said it was?” I mumbled, looking at the now empty popcorn bowl. “I’ll get more.” Grabbing the bowl as I went, I headed down stairs to the kitchen where Mom was reading a magazine and Dad was no where to be seen. They have been fighting lately. Getting more popcorn into the microwave, I sat down at the table with Mom. She smiled at me, closing the magazine after slipping in a piece of paper to mark her page.

“What’s up, darling?” Mom asked, smiling.

“Wh-uh, nothing.”

“Do I wanna know why I keep hearing Denny yelling, ‘why are you so stupid?’ upstairs?” Mom asked with a smile on her face. She already knew the answer. It happens every time he sees a movie like that. She shook her head. “He’s just like your father that way.”

“Speaking of dad…” I trailed off hoping she’d understand what I meant and answer me. No such luck, so I sighed and asked, “Is something wrong with Dad, or you maybe?”

“We’ve just been fighting…a lot and…well, uh…” Mom began but paused and rethought over what she was going to tell me. Denny shouted something upstairs about this being stupid and a waste of time. “When two people argue too much…” As my mom continued explain, my thoughts were: is she really giving me the sex speech editing for divorce? The answer to that is: yes. I groaned, putting my head in my hands. “What?” Mom chuckled.

“You just are making this awkward, mommy.” I couldn’t help but smile though. Mom shook her head, opening the magazine and removing the bookmark. “Just tell me.”

Mom bit her lip, not looking me in the eyes. I rolled my eyes, stealing her water bottle and taking a sip. She finally just sighed and told me, “We’re getting a divorce, hun.”

“What?” Denny shouted from behind me. When did he get there?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not updating in the past few days and i'd like to tell you it was because i was oh so busy, but then i'd be lying. I don't want to lie to you guys because you're all so great and were patient. Here's the truth: i was watching tv and listening to my iPod. ya know, being lazy. :)
&& this update isn't all that great. I'm sorta amazed ppl even like this story but thank you.