Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter twenty-four

Over the passed couple days, Mom started working things out with a lawyer and they got the whole divorce into quick motion. Mom’s lawyer was pulling some strings so the divorce would be complete earlier than usual.

Denny had took all this as time to think about him and Thurstan’s fight. He realized it was stupid and he apologized to Thurstan. I’m still not sure what the fight was about since no one ever told me, but it’s all good now.

Bethany stuck around more to help Mom, in fact, they’re closer than ever. They talked about going out with Harper and Jenna more and just going out by themselves. Denny isn’t worried about them dating and ruining his and Thurstan’s relationship since Mom found herself a boyfriend. My teacher, Mr. Harvey. Bethany began dating Mr. Harvey’s twin brother.

Roydon stayed around more too. We saw some movies, hung out with his friends since mine don’t like Denny being gay, and just hung around the house in boredom. Denny found out a few days ago when he walked into my room and saw. He told everyone else who kind of already knew about it but weren’t 100% sure.

Mom sat down at the table where Bethany, Roger-her boyfriend-, Roydon, Thurstan, Denny, Greg-mom’s boyfriend-, and I were sitting. We had to add a lot more chairs to the dining room table so no one really had room. Mom sat beside Greg, pecking his cheek before taking a bite of her burger. “Bailey, Denny, I have to speak with you after dinner. About the divorce.”

Denny looked at me with a told-you-so face. He kept telling me Dad was fighting to have one of us live with him and the other with Mom, but I didn’t want to believe that. Neither of us wanted to live with Dad and his girlfriend Lucy.

“They’ll meet you upstairs.” Mom told Thurstan and Roydon. The two boys nodded and raced each other upstairs. Bethany went in the backyard with Greg and Roger since Roger had to smoke. “Sit, kids, you’ll want to after hearing this.” We did as told, sitting on the couch. Denny grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him. Such a good big brother. “Kids, your father got what he wanted. He gets to have one of you-of his choice-come live with him while one stays here with me. Actually, moves in with Bethany since I can’t afford the house. So Denny…” Mom smiled weakly, “you’re staying with me.”

I bit my lip. Damn.

“Bailey, you’re moving with your father.”

Damn. “Why?” Denny’s voice cracked as tears came to his eyes.

“When?” I asked at the same time. Unlike him, I can control my tears.

“He said he didn’t want, and Denny these are his words, not mine, a fuck-up living with him as he started a life with that woman.” Mom came and sat down on my other side, running her hand through my hair. “He said you’re gayness might rub onto her son and he didn’t need that. Bay, you’ll be moving in a week.”

Damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
please d o n o t h a t e m e please.

i'm making a sequel though. :) i'm planning it out now.

[[one more chapter]]