Tremors

Painting Photograohs On The Beach

She had short tousled blond hair with skin to match that was as pale as the moon. The eyes of this girl, contrasting completely in a raven black color. Her body is slim and slender and would never change no matter how much she tried. This girls name is Katmandu . Katmandu is the waitress for the local diner near the Malibu beach in California . There she would work long, slow nights, but her lack of sleep never would make her angry or make her eyes look bad. Kat was a favorite among the people of Malibu for her comforting ways, bright smile, and gentle words.

Now as her free day slowly dwindled away from her, she was painting the ocean waves gently lapping at the ocean floor of gritty sand. She loved to come to the beach to paint, draw, or just to let the day go by. For all of the time that she spends at the beach her skin never gets any darker or burnt.
“Hey, watch out!” a man said from behind her just before a Frisbee hit her in the back of her head. Just then he started to run over, out of breath he said, “Hey, I’m sorry, Frank,” he said gesturing his thumb to the shorter mad now standing next to him, “didn’t take into consideration the wind factor here. Are you okay?”
“What happened and who are you?” she said frantically at the two men standing in front of her with an apologetic look on their faces.
“Well im Markus and this is Frank. Frank threw a Frisbee at your head and we came over here to see if you were okay.” He said taking his time exaggerating that I couldn’t comprehend words very well from the blow. Frank bent down to help her get back up off the ground that she realized she was still lying down on. “I’m sorry about your painting.” He said looking shamefully at his feet. “What’s your name?” he said looking up again to see three other boys running towards them.
The youngest looking one, now at Markus’ side, looked a little like Markus, yet he had a fringe haircut, glasses, darker skin, and was wearing a shirt that said, “Don’t Google Yourself”.
The next one, taller than all of the others and standing almost eyelevel with her, had hair in a burnt ember color and looked as if he had gotten it permed. His eyes were a green color and he had a skin color in an olive tone.
The last one, with blond hair, was only a little shorter than the last and eye level with Kat from where he was. He was running down the length of the beach, blue eyes shining, fringy hair blowing in the faint wind, growing even taller as he drew dearer and nearer, the sand under his feet slipping away each time he drew his feet up again and again, shining in the sun, and falling back down into the ground, until finally he made his way over to see if this girl that he had witnessed get hurt, was alright.
“Hello…” said Frank, waving an impatient hand in front of her dark eyes. She looked up at him confused. “What’s your name?”
“Um, Katmandu , but I like to be called Kat. I know your Markus and your Frank,” she said gesturing to the two guys in front of her, “but who are you three?” she said to the others, still slightly confused by the whole scenario.
“I’m Sketch Williams,” said the tallest, “ and that’s Shaant and Davey.” He answered gesturing towards the blond and then towards the one standing by Markus.
They all said hello and suddenly Frank bent down to get the Frisbee and threw it at Davey, and started to run away from, the now running after Frank, Davey!
Kat looked up to see Markus’ beautiful eyes staring at her. Suddenly, Franks frame came barreling into her. “Ouch!” she exclaimed, pushing Frank off of her aching body, “What is it, Abuse Kat Day?!”
“No, Frank is just an R-tard.” Shaant said helping her off of the floor (again). “Are you okay?”
“Yeah I’m fine. Frank you must stay at least, and I mean at least, five feet away from me at all times or until I say otherwise! Okay?” she said, obviously annoyed about getting hurt by Frank twice in less than an hour. He nodded in an apology and stepped back mockingly way more than five feet. “Okay! You can come closer, just please don’t do that to me again okay?” she said and he stepped closer, still being his cautious self, not being used to being yelled at.
“So Kat, how old are you?” said Sketch said with a hint of shyness in his voice.
“I am sixteen years old, you?”
“I’m sixteen,” Markus said, “Sketch here is fifteen, Shaant is fourteen, Frank is thirteen, and Davey is almost fourteen. Davey is also my brother.” said Markus.
“Are you a homophobe?” Frank said quickly, covering his head and his mouth seeming to have only wanted to say that in his head. Kat quickly shook her head in disbelief that anyone could be that way. “ Okay good because I am dying for a kiss.” He said looking at Sketch with look in his eyes that obviously he didn’t see because he had a confused look on his face. He jumped on top of Sketch, pinned him to the sandy ground and gave him a kiss that looked meaningful and full of love for each other.
“What’s going on over here?” said a tall girl, long black hair, pale skin, and doe eyes that looked so innocent yet so full of power. “Hi! Im Kim!” she said looking at Katmandu .
“Hello, I’m Kat. That dork named Frank hit me in the head with a Frisbee and now im surrounded and they are forcing me to tell them where I hid the cookies….” She said and they both started cracking up, yet nobody else got the joke.
“Okay so let me explain a little bit to you so your not all confused and stuff.” Markus said and she nodded. “Kim is my sister. Sketch and Frankie are engaged. Shaant and Davey are in a steady relationship together and we all live in the same house, which is a nightmare by the way because you can hear everything that goes on in it. The walls are like paper thin. You’ll meet Jepha later if you want to. He is Kim’s boyfriend.”
“Yeah okay.” She said as if she could already tell what was going on.
“We’re going to go get something to eat at that diner up the street. Would you like to come? Do you know if the food there is any good?” Shaant said still looking at Davey but directing the question towards Katmandu .
“Sure. I work there. The food is good for being right next to the beach.” she said starting to pick up her stuff and putting her Converse on so that her feet would stop burning.
“We’re going to Candy Mountain Charlie!” Kim said randomly, slapping her hand over her mouth and sitting down on the floor to control her laughing. Everyone found her random outburst very funny, everyone that is except for Markus who looked at her with terror in his eyes.
“I asked you to never repeat that when I was around because it gave me nightmares did I not?!” he said angrily looking at his sister. Everyone, finding that funny, laughed even harder.
“Come on you guys, let’s go get some lunch.” Kat said walking back from her car, trying not to laugh at Markus. Everyone piled into two cars, Markus’ and Kat’s. Then in only a few minutes, they were there.
♠ ♠ ♠
i wrote this in 7th grade - two years ago.
:)