Status: Under Construction . . .

Life, Love, Death?

Chapter 2

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
- Maria Robinson.

Chapter 2

Typical.

On the way to the airport it was raining; well I guess that’s an understatement because it was raining heavily, so heavily that it sounded like stones were being chucked on the car rooftop. My last day in Australia and it rains, it hasn’t rained here for years but today it has to rain.

I had to look out the window, there was seriously no where else for me to look. I couldn’t look at Genevieve anymore. I could look at my own reflection. Just looking out the window made me even more depressed.

I want, no I need change, and I’m not succeeding by being a spoilt brat and only caring about my own feelings.

When we finally got to the airport I had to quickly drag my own suitcase. I had to run, the rain was hard when it hit against my head, so it wasn’t pleasant and this defiantly wasn’t one of my best ideas.

“Just going to check us in,” I barely heard Aunt Gen say, but I focused on the movement on her lips and the fact that she took our suitcases with her.

“Just going to ring Isa then,” I forced a smile and walked into a space where hardly anyone was.

“Is, I’m leaving now,” I said, my voice steady, but I could tell it would soon bail on me.

“Oh F, I’m going to miss you.. Will you promise to text me when you get into England.. Promise to text me if there are any fit lads at your school.. Promise to never forget me.. Oh F, I love you.” She said all in a rush.

“Is, I promise to text you when I get to England and I will never ever forget you!” I wiped a tear away.

“If it gets tough, call me, and I will beg Mom to ship me over to you” She giggled. It was funny hearing her giggle, it could be the last time I ever heard it.

“Okay, promise”

“Love You F… Speak soon,” She sniffed, she must be crying like I was.

“I love you too Is, so much, best mates always, bye.”

With my phone turned off and in my bag, I made my way over to Gen. She was having an argument with the check in desk person about upgrading us to first class or something ridiculous like that. She clearly did not know how to handle her money.

“Look, the plane leaves in 40 minutes and clearly there are some shoes waiting for me when we get through customs, so your going to upgrade us, we’re going to pay and going to leave you a huge tip. Now how much to upgrade two people to first class?” My bold voice must of shocked her because she just stared. I wasn’t in the mood for this. I just said goodbye to my country, my best friend, my family, all I want now is to get on that plane and then get off that plane.

“These seats are amazing, don’t you think Frey?” Genevieve murmured as she took her seat, her eyes widening as she felt how soft and luxurious the seat was.

“Yes, amazing, spectacular” I sarcastically amused back.

“Be grateful you get to sit here” Genevieve brought out her stern and strict voice, which is quite funny, because I would never think of her as the strict type of person.

“Oh I am grateful that my bitchiness scared Little Miss Amazing to giving us these seats,” I grinned, looking out of my window, praying that the plane will soon take off.

It was a nine hour flight to Dubai, and then a twelve hour flight to Birmingham, then we have to travel for another hour by car to get to Aunt Genevieve’s house. The flying didn’t bother me that much, neither did the hour in the car, it was just being in the car with Genevieve, for that hour. I just want to get into my new house, into my new bedroom, into my new hell and hopefully sleep.

When the plane landed in Dubai, we went straight through customs and then to our waiting area to get on our new plane to Birmingham. There was no time for shopping or for eating. I was hoping to shop, it usually helps me get my mind off of things, and all I can think about is the accident playing over in my mind, again and again, like its on replay.

“I don’t want to sit on a plane any longer” Genevieve fussed as she picked up her hand luggage. Its time we boarded our plane again.

“It isnt that bad… Besides, you slept most of the way on out last plane!” I stated, walking beside her to our seats at the front of the plane.

“It isnt my fault there is nothing on these crappy tele’s” she sighed and sat down.

Twelve hours later.

Three movies later.

One episode of Glee later.

It is time to get off the plane. The bright lights inside the airport hurt my eyes from the darkness of the plane. We done the normal procedure of going through passport control and then collecting our bags.

I only had two big suitcases, this isnt much, considering I’ve now left my sunny, luxurious life and moved to a more dull life. Most of my clothes from Australia are too summery for England, even in the summer here.

Genevieve had helped sort out some winter clothes that I brought for when I usually came over and visited family here, or when we go France. My few winter clothes I have, usually came in handy when it got chilly on nights in Australia. The point is my clothes aren’t suitable for Rainy United Kingdom weather, Just long sleeve tops and joggers. Genevieve brought me a raincoat though, she said I would need it; I didn’t even know what a rain coat was until now.

Once we finished collecting our bags, we went out of the airport and into my new life.

When we got out side of the airport it was raining.

“Typical” I muttered to myself, it was like I was expecting it to be sunny. I had already said my goodbyes to the sun and heat. This was where I would be living now. This was my new life.

“My insurance company said my car would be parked over in that direction.” Genevieve said as she pointed to the left of us. There was a three story car park building. Great! We will probably be here for the rest of the night looking for Gen’s car.

“Ah, my baby” Genevieve almost squealed as she ran up to a car.

“This is your car?” I asked, letting go off my suitcases to admire the beauty.

I must admit I was shocked when I saw her car. A black Lamborghini. My mom has always said Genevieve was always more wealthier than us, but I just thought she was being generous. Besides Genevieve doesn’t even wear designer clothes. Mom told me once that when Genevieve was eighteen she won the Lottery, I think she said she won something like £9,500,000 pounds.

“Gen, I love your car and everything, but how are we fitting five suitcases into that? We can barely fit one into that!” I touched the side of the car like it was a diamond. So beautiful and amazing. Milo would of loved this if he was here.

“Are you okay?” Genevieve moved closer to me. She must of saw the frown which now formed on my face.

“Yeah, I’m just worried about my suitcase” I lied. I’ve been lying a lot lately, I think I’m starting to believe my own lies.

“Oh don’t worry, Marko organised it all for me-” She paused to look at her watch, “and the van should be here in 1, 2, 3” and here comes her smug look. “Right on time… thank you Marko” she gave the man, Marko, a hug as he got out of the van.

Our suitcases are now in the van, I’m now in the passenger seat of this amazing car and Genevieve starts the engine.

The car journey was extremely quite. No matter how much I love my aunt and how much she loves me, I still feel uncomfortable about talking to her. It never use to be like this, but the accident has changed things.

We just turned into a side road which led to Genevieve’s farm house. I loved this house! Although I don’t remember my mom buying this house it still reminds me of her. You can tell she brought it, from every little detail. Even the driveway has mom written all over it. Even the smell is just a smell of home, it feels like family when you walk into the front door. I guess I wont mind living in this house after all.

“I forgot to tell you. Your room has changed hun.” Genevieve said. “Its up the stairs and the furthest room on the right.” Before she could say anymore I ran up the stairs. I loved my old room, it was small, but it was mine. Now its changed! How dare she not tell me.

As I opened the oak wood door, I gasped with shock, it was lovely. The room was huge. The walls were cream apart from the east wall, which was purple, the curtains were purple and the carpet was purple. The bed was massive, I sat on it and it wobbled. Oh My God, water bed!

“Gen I love it.” I said as I went to help her with my bags. “But where am I suppose to put my clothes?” I asked because there was no wardrobes in my bedroom.

“Your old room.” I took both of my suitcases from her and carried them, well struggled to carry them, up to my old room. As I opened the door, I walked into a walk in wardrobe. Now I was being spoilt. All I’ve done is moan and be a bitch and only think about myself but Genevieve actually is trying to make me feel at home.

I looked in the mirror and had a flash of the accident. It wouldn’t leave my head. The same flash happened every time my eyes closed. Get it out of my head.

“Freya? Are you okay?” Genevieve asked as she walked into my new wardrobe.

“Yes, great, fantastic… Going to bed” I sighed and stood up, trying to keep a steady balance “thanks for this by the way” I smiled and entered my bedroom, locking the door behind me.

I didn’t sleep much last night, the rain on the roof kept me awake. When I finally drifted of to sleep I had a nightmare, great!

In my dream I was standing out side of the barn house. The key wouldn’t unlock the door, I was panicking. I was all alone. My family was already dead but in my dream Genevieve was too. There was a boy following me.

I remember him running after my car all the way home from somewhere. He had a gun, he was going to kill me. I hit him with my car twice, but both times he just got back up and carried on chasing me. Running faster than my car.

Out side the barn house he pointed the gun to me, I screamed, I thought I was going to die. I had no one to save me. I was alone and useless. Then I saw him; A boy who looked familiar, but who was he? He killed the boy with the gun and then simply flew away. He flew away? Just like that! Yeah, he had wings.

My dreams are weird.

“Breakfast is ready?” My mom shouted up to me from the kitchen.

The smell of bacon and sausage rose up the stairs into my bedroom. The smell made me feel hungry. British meat tastes lovely.

After breakfast I had a quick shower. I was drying my hair in the dressing room when reality finally kicked in. I’m going to a new school in the middle of the year. I’d have to make new friends and I’d have to do lessons which I have never learnt about before. I have no family, apart from Genevieve. I’m doomed! I wish Milo was here.

“Gen, where do I catch the bus from?” I asked as I grabbed a biscuit out of the cupboard.

“Oh, I got your new drivers licence and everything, you wont need to catch the bus” she smiled, handing me a card.

“You sorted out my drivers licence?” I looked up, feeling stupid again for the bitch I’ve been to her.

“it’s a far walk to your new school and I thought you would need to go shopping and have time out the house. What a better way to do it then buy you a new car?” She smiled slightly. The look on her face made me wonder if she was unsure about giving me freedom; did she think I would do something stupid?

“Um, thanks” I smiled, wanting to go outside and find my new car.

I quickly ran upstairs and got dressed, the dressing gown I was wearing made my skin itch.

I was wearing a pair of black leggings and a grey knee length top with some grey ankle boots. I put on a black long cardigan, then looked at my self in the mirror. My blonde, now black hair was wavy from not straitening it, but a good wavy. My hair looked nice even when I didn’t brush it. I must admit, I love this new look.

Genevieve went to work whilst I was getting ready. At least this gave me time to think before I stepped out of the house and into my new world.

Check the glove compartment of your car.
Have a nice day.
G.


A new surprise? Remind me to thank Genevieve please, she deserves it. She deserves to be treated better, instead of my crappy attitude all the time.

In the garage I was speechless. My bag dropped to the floor as I ran towards my car, my beautiful new, flaming red, Porsche.

“Jeesh, Milo would love this car!” I screamed happily, grabbing my bag and hopping into the drivers seat. I really wish Milo was here to see this, he loved cars, he had a crappy car in Australia, Dad wouldn’t buy a descent car for him. Come to think of it, Milo never got anything off Mom and Dad, I was always the spoilt brat.

Pushing all my negative thoughts to the back of my head- I did say I wanted to start fresh- I put the keys in the ignition and drove my way into town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment.
I know I haven't updated to this story in a long time but I started writing Christmas day and this is what I got so far. I'm disappointed with this chapter because I think it lacks emotion but when I go through and edit it and add some more I will probably change most of it. So please tell me what you think with honest opinions and thoughts. I will be very appreciative.

-Daniellaa.
xo