To Hell With The Letdown

Two

After getting lost on the freeway and driving around in circles for a good forty-five minutes or so, we arrived at the address we were given and everyone piled out of the van. Hand in hand, Chelsea and Kirky took off into the house first, leaving the rest of us to follow behind. I took one step in the door and already had a bad feeling about coming to this party. We were greeted with red cups of beer, loud music, and about fifty people I’d never seen before in my life.

“Let’s get this party started!” Jason chugged his beer on the spot and walked off, leaving me alone in the doorway. I stood there for a moment feeling a little bit crushed that everyone I came to this stupid party with had abandoned me. I slowly made my way through the crowd in the hallway to take a look around. There was dancing in the living room, hookah in the back den, a hot tub in the back yard on the deck, and a fully stocked bar in the kitchen. I turned to leave the kitchen when Chelsea came through the door with Kirky in tow.

“Holly, come do shots with us!” I started to protest as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the counter. I shook my head as Kirky poured me a shot. “This is a party, you’re supposed to be having fun.”

“Chelsea, you know I don’t drink…”

“C’monnnnn! Live a little!” She took a shot and grabbed Kirky, giving him a drunken kiss. I stared at her for a moment before letting out a sigh.

“Fuck it. Fine, pour me a shot.” I held my breath and downed it, wincing as it burned slightly sliding down my throat. One shot turned into ten; at least I think it was ten… I’m not quite sure, I lost track after six or seven. By this time, all of the guys had made their way into the kitchen and joined in. Some other guys from the show tonight came in, and one of them yelled “BODY SHOTS!” as he took off his shirt.

The next thing I know, several body shots later, too many of us to fit are jumping into the hot tub in our underwear. Chelsea and Kirky were all over each other in one corner, and I was sandwiched between new faces with Craig sitting on the other side of the guy to my left, his arm wrapped around another girl. I took Jason’s cup out of his hand as he climbed in next to me, downing it in three gulps.

“Bitch, that was my beer. Get your own.” He stared at me for a second before laughing and climbing out to get another drink, I followed him this time into the house.

While Jason disappeared down the hallway, I turned a corner and straight into the arms of a guy from another band. Realizing I was still dripping wet, he helped me upstairs to find a towel. After I was dried off and wrapped up in my towel, I turned to thank him for helping me when our faces collided into a sloppy kiss. At first, I was caught off guard and tried to push him off me, but I was past sober enough to take control of my strength and he had a strong grip on my arms, pushing me up against the door of the bathroom. It was obvious he’d been drinking as well, and I whispered for him to stop when he kissed my neck, but he ignored me, moving his hands to my hips.

Internally, I started to panic. I’m at a party with people I’ve barely just met or don’t even know, I have no idea where Chelsea is, no one knows I’m up here, and this guy is going too far. I don’t even remember his name. I tried to kick him, but the slippery floor along with my lack of coordination made me slip and start to fall, making the situation worse. I hit my head on the doorknob as I slid to the floor, starting to sob.
Being a gentleman, he panicked and ran out the door, leaving me alone on the floor. I stayed where I was, curled up in a ball with my arms wrapped around my head and around my legs for I don’t know how long before someone pulled me up and wrapping their arms safely around me, whispering “Everything’s gonna be okay, It’s time to go now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still trying to decide where to take it from here, any suggestions? :)