Status: On Hold

Friendship is Another Word for Love

Chapter 11

***Alyssa’s POV****

The entire drive to the orphanage, I was bounce in my seat with excitement. Patrick would try and calm me but nothing was working. He would kiss me and that would just bring me right back to earlier when we almost had sex on my couch. I was still a bit thrown off by how much I actually wanted to do that with him and I about how I loved him. I never in my life thought I would be falling in love with a pro hockey player let alone my best friend who was a pro hockey player. Who had a game tonight, the first home game you are going to miss.

“For good reasons though.” I said to myself.

“What was that, babe?” Patrick asked,

“Oh , nothing. I was just talking to myself.”

“Oh, okay. So, I’m guessing you’re not coming tonight?”

I sighed. “No, not tonight. I’m sorry Pat, I know I’m always there for your home games, but I just can’t take her with me.” I kissed his cheek.

He smiled slightly. “I know, I understand.” He murmured.

“Hey, don’t worry though. I will be watching pre-game, the game, and even post-game tonight.” I smiled when he chuckled.

“I guess I’m going to have to get use to not seeing you in the stands wearing my number.”

“I will still be wearing your number.” I smiled. “Jazmynn will be too, if she can stay up that late.”

Patrick chuckled. He came up to a red light and turned in his seat to kiss me. We were quickly wrapped up in the kiss, that neither of us noticed that the traffic light had turned green and people were waiting. A horn blared behind us and we jumped apart with a laugh. We just couldn’t stay away from each other and I had to admit, I was sad that I was going to miss seeing the game live. That was something that I loved to do, watch my friends play the game they love. I rested my head against the cold window and looked out of it as we continued to drive.

Finally we arrived to the orphanage, Patrick parked the car. As soon as the car was in gear, I jumped out of the car and practically ran up the steps, leaving Patrick to catch up. I made my way to Mrs, Shepard’s office to sign the final papers and set a court date.

“Are we excited?” Mrs Shepard asked as I signed the papers and Patrick watched. “Good to see you again Mr. Kane.”

“Nice to see you too, Mrs. Shepard. Is Jazmynn as excited as her mommy is?” He asked with a light chuckle.

“Oh yes, she hasn’t stopped talking about this day. She is actually up in her room, if you’d like to go visit her while Miss. Dawson finishes here.”

Patrick didn’t say anything, but I heard the office door open and close behind me so I assumed he went up to Jazmynn’s room. Mrs. Shepard cleared her throat and took her seat behind her desk.

“Now that it’s just us ladies here.” She said with a smile. I looked up from the court ordered form and looked up at her curiously. What was she getting at?

“Things have changed have they not?” She asked

“What do you mean?” I asked truly confused.

“Between you and Mr. Kane. He wouldn’t take his eyes off of you and he looked just as excited about today as I know you are.”

I blushed and looked back down at the paper, clearly giving things away. “He is indeed excited. I think he has spoke more of Jazmynn’s homecoming more than hockey this past week, which is a bit shocking.” I admitted.

“What about between the two of you?” She questioned

I blushed again. “Yes things have changed between Patrick and I. We are now dating.”

“Well, congratulations. I won’t bother you anymore with petty talk, I’ll let you finish those so you can take your daughter home.” She smiled and I smiled as well.

Five minutes later I was upstairs where Patrick had disappeared to and Jazmynn was waiting for me.

“Awissa!” Jazmynn shouted when I entered the room.

A smile instantly graced my lips. I bent down to pick up the two year old. “Hey sweetie. Are you all ready to go?” I asked

She nodded her head up and down with a huge smile on her face. I chuckled and looked over at Patrick who was watching us with a smile on his face. Jazmynn and I headed for downstairs and Patrick grabbed Jazmynn’s one bag. The entire staff of the house was downstairs or outside to say goodbye to Jazmynn. Once everyone said their goodbyes, I strapped Jazmynn into her seat and we drove off. I was taking my daughter to her new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for all the comments. I think I got like 6 or 7. For those of you that want Jazmynn to come home, don't worry I'm working out some kinks in the next chapter right now. Thanks again for the comments and let's keep them up. Oh and this chapter is kinda sort a filler.

COMMENT PLEASE?