Status: On Hold

Friendship is Another Word for Love

Chapter 14

****

We were on the plane to Vancouver with the rest of the Olympians who were going to the games. I was able to get Jazmynn and Alyssa to come with me and I couldn’t have been happier. After the ‘fight’ Alyssa and I got into at the airport last week, things have been better. She really didn’t know how much I loved her and it just shocked me. When I told her about thinking that Jazmynn was mine, I wasn’t lying. She didn’t know it, but I had hired a lawyer and he was drawing up adoption papers for her. I was planning on telling her after the games.

I smiled as Jazmynn snuggled closer into my chest and I wrapped my arm around her, placing a kiss to her forehead. I loved this little girl with all of my heart, I couldn’t think of a world without her. Or her beautiful mother, my best friend. I looked over at Alyssa who was also asleep, she looked so much like her twenty-one self. Hell she looked like she did when we met my rookie year three years ago, we were both nineteen.

I closed my eyes, I remember the day we met like it was yesterday. I had just finished my first practice with the Blackhawks and a couple of guys were getting together for lunch and Alyssa was our waitress. It was her first day and she was really nervous, actually ended up spilling Jonathan’s drink on me and got so upset she actually started crying. Once we all assured her everything was fine, she chilled out some. She even sat with us during her break and talked with us. Everyday after practice I went to the Gale Street Inn just so I could see Alyssa. We became fast friends that were inseparable, we did so much together. She even went to my first game of the season and every game after that.

I don’t know when I truly started having feeling for her, but I soon knew she was the one. The one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and to start a family with her. When she told me about Jazmynn, I knew that I wanted to be a part of the little girl’s life. I looked at Jaz again and smiled, placing yet another kiss to her forehead. Next to me Alyssa stirred and sat up in her seat. She looked over at me and gave me a sleepy smile that I found very sexy and I couldn’t help but return.

“Good morning sleepyhead.” I chuckled, placing a kiss on her cheek.

“Hey,” she whispered since the rest of the plane was pretty much asleep. “How much longer until we land in Vancouver?”

I looked at the TV screen that showed our progress. “Um, about another two hours.”

She let out a tiny groan and I chuckled. “My ass is numb and my hips hurt. We have been flying for like a week straight. I don’t know how you hockey players do this on a daily basis.” She whined.

“Lots of practice. Don’t worry we will be there soon and you will be able to stretch.”

She smiled and reached out to smooth some of Jazmynn’s curls out of her face. I looked at Alyssa and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered at the loving look on her face as she watched Jazmynn sleep. I found myself picturing her looking at our child like that. “Alyssa.” I whispered, my voice slightly husky from the emotions coursing through my body. She didn’t say anything, she just looked up at me and I kissed her. I didn’t care if everyone on the plane saw it. I was in love with this girl and her daughter and I wanted the world to know it.

When I pulled away, I saw the smile and blush on Alyssa’s face. She cleared her throat quietly. “Do you want me to take her for a little bit?” She asked.

I hugged Jazmynn tighter to my body. “No, I got her.” I smiled. Alyssa laid her head on my shoulder again and was soon fast asleep. I closed my eyes as well and fell asleep with my two girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello there ppl. I AM SO SORRYYY. I just haven't had any insperation for this story and I still don't. I just needed to get something out for you guys. I'm sorry that it's short. Please bare with me, I'm working on it.

Comment and tell me what you want to see happen in this.

Again, I"M SORRY