Status: On Hold

Friendship is Another Word for Love

Chapter 4

I haven’t seen Patrick since the night we went to the club and he told me he was going to make me his. That was almost a week ago. I still couldn't believe he felt this way about me, it was just too unreal. I need to call him or go see him to let him know that I had heard what he had said. He was still at practice right now so it was going to have to wait until he got home.

I didn't have to go into work today, so i sent a text to Kiara. Kiara and I have been friends since the first grade but haven’t kept in touch in a long time. She was always busy with her band Burning Love. I quickly checked the calendar and noticed that she was actually on break from tour. I typed up the message asking her to lunch. This would give us a chance to catch up and I could tell her about Jazmynn and she can help me understand my situation with Patrick. I went back to cleaning the house while I waited for her response .A few minutes later I heard "If I Had You" by Adam Lambert blaring from my pocket. I pulled out my phone and saw I had one new text message.

New Text: Kiara<333
Lunch sounds awesome. Meet me at Panera at 1p.m.

It was now almost twelve so I jumped in the shower and got ready for my day. I decided to go shopping for an hour to get things for Jazmynn. I went to Ikea and bought a matching bed and dresser set for her room and some shelves. I loved decorating so this was going to be a fun project for me. I had just enough time to get across the city to Panera when I finished shopping.
When I got to the restaurant, Kiara was waiting inside at a table.

“Kiara! How are you girl?” I asked giving her a hug.

“I’ve been good. How have you been?” she asked, sitting back down.

“Busy. Let’s get our food and I will fill you in on everything and you can fill me in about tour.”

Kiara nodded and we got up to get in line. I ordered the ‘Choose 2’ sandwich and soup. I went with the Sierra turkey sandwich and the French Onion soup, my favorite. Kiara ended up getting the same thing. We sat back down and started catching up and Kiara told be about tour.

“So tell me what’s been going on with you.” She asked taking a bite out of her sandwich.
“ Well everything has been good. My position at the office is going well and there is even talk of them letting me do it from home which would be a huge help since I’m going to be a mom.” I smiled.

Kiara chocked on her soda and her eyes bugged out of her head. “You’re going to be a mom? You’re pregnant?”

I shook my head. “No, I’m adopting. She comes home with me next week.”

“Wow, you’ve always talked about being a mother and here you are a week away from it. Congratulations girl.”

“Thanks.” I took a sip of my drink. “Kiara, will you be Jazmynn’s godmother?” I asked

“Of course! Who’s her godfather?”

“Do you really have to ask that?” I chuckled.

“Oh right, it’s Patrick isn’t it?”

“Yes it is.” I smiled and then sighed. “I know you don’t like him Kiara, but he’s my best friend next to you. We hang out all the time and I want him in Jazmynn’s life.”

“Do you really want a guy who is a professional hockey player, drinks a lot, and has tons of one night stands in your daughter’s life?” She asked.

I sighed and tried to reason with her. “He’s changed Ki, he doesn’t have as many one night stands as he use to. Sure he still likes to party, but what twenty-one year old doesn’t?” I sighed. “Plus, he said something last night.”

“You hung out with him last night?”'

“Yeah, we went to the club and met up with the other guys. After a while Pat and I went back to his place and watched a movie. Well I fell asleep during the movie and he carried me to bed-“

“Whoa, you slept with him?”

“Not in the sense you’re thinking. We shared a bed. Before he fell asleep and I was all the way dead to the world he told me something.”

“What did he say, Lys?”

“He told me he was going to make me his.” I smiled, I didn’t realize how much I wanted him to keep that promise.

“He said what? Patrick Kane, told you he wanted you to be his? Is this the same Patrick Kane who tried to hit on me?”

I chuckled slightly. Kiara and I had found each other again in the club where the boys frequented after games. Her band was the home band for the club. Once we figured out who each other were, I dragged her over to our table where Patrick was drunk as ever. Since he was so drunk he began hitting on Kiara who at the time was engaged. Let’s just say that Patrick ended up going home alone that night.

“Yes the same Patrick Kane who you threw your drink on.”

Kiara laughed but then sobered up. “For real though Alyssa. Do you really want him in your life like that?”

“I do. It has taken me a little while to figure this out, but I like him Kiara. I love the way his smile can brighten my worst days, how I feel safe when he’s around, how I can tell him everything, how he can pick up on my feelings like that, and I also love how well he did with Jaz the other day.”

“Pat’s met Jazmynn already?” Kiara gasped. “He didn’t like burst into flames because he was with a child did he?”

“Kiara stop. Patrick was amazing with her. He played with her, talked to her, and he even gave her a kiss when I dropped her off. She’s seen him for maybe three hours and he’s already wrapped around her finger.”

Kiara sighed. “Lys, I can really tell you are falling for Party Boy. Just please please please be careful. I don’t want to see you get hurt because no matter what happens, it’s not just you anymore.”

Kiara was right. All the decisions I made from here on out weren’t only going to affect me, but they were also going to affect Jazmynn. Maybe I did need to think a little more about the idea of Pat and I together. He was going to really have to show me that he is willing to change in order for me to consider making up something. Wait, why am I getting so far into this? We haven’t even been on a date or even talked in the past few days.

I shook my head. “Hey, do you want to help me pick out some curtains and things for Jazmynn’s room? I want to have it ready for her when she comes home.”

“Sure thing. Can we drop my car off at your apartment first?” She asked, making her way over to the trash can.

“Yes.”

We threw our trash out and left to meet back up at my apartment. Once Kiara dropped her car off, we made our way to Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the amazing comments! This is the 1st part to the update.

COMMENT <3