Status: On Hold

Friendship is Another Word for Love

Chapter 9

One week later.

Today was the day. Today my dream was coming true. I was becoming a mother. I had spent all day cleaning the apartment in preparation for Jazmynn’s arrival and now I was waiting for Patrick to get home from morning skate. We were lucky that tonight’s game was home, because Patrick wanted to go to the orphanage with me to pick up Jazmynn.

By the time Patrick got home I was bouncing on my toes in the living room. He spotted me and chuckled as he walked over to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders in an attempt to still me. Despite the pressure he was putting on my shoulders, I continued to bounce and Patrick laughed.

“A little excited?” He chuckled. I nodded and bounced at the same time. “Can you stand still for like two minutes so I can kiss you?”

I giggled and shook my head no. Patrick sighed and placed his hand on my cheek as I tried to turn away and get my purse and forced me to look at him. His other hand left my shoulder and caressed my other cheek and he began rubbing small circles on it, I sighed and licked my lips. Patrick’s eyes flickered from my eyes to my now moist lips and with a smirk he captured them in a sweet kiss that quickly tuned passionate. As we continued to kiss, Patrick pulled me closer into him until our bodies were pressed against each other. Instantly I wrapped my arms around his neck and began playing with his curls, which caused him to groan into my mouth. I smiled and kept doing it, soon I could feel his growing arousal pressing into my stomach. Patrick began moving towards the couch and when the back of my legs hit the cushion, he leaned into me so I’d fall backwards. We finally broke the kiss to catch some much need air, but Patrick’s lips never left my skin. He kissed my cheeks, my nose, and my forehead before moving to my neck. I giggled as he kissed my neck but those giggles soon turned to moans and he continued his attack on my neck. I was still running my hands through his curls and I pulled on them lightly to get him to look at me. When he finally did look at me, we were both breathing heavily and his eyes were filled with lust. Everything I was going to say to him went out the door as soon as I looked into those bright blue eyes of his. So I just reattached out lips and moved so I was lying on the couch instead of sitting on it. Patrick adjusted his position so he as hovering over me.

I removed my hands from his hair and moved them to his back. Without thinking about what I was doing, I tucked my hands under Patrick’s Blackhawks shirt and pushed it up, signaling that I wanted it off. Patrick broke the kiss to comply with my demand and he pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it onto the living room floor. I ran my hands down his chest, seeing his body differently now. Patrick moved so he was now straddling my hips and began opening the buttons of my blouse, letting his fingers brush the skin of my stomach lightly every so often and I would shiver and he would smile. I lifted my upper body so I could remove my shirt, this brought our faces close together again, so I took advantage of the position and kissed him. He quickly kissed me back and pushed me back into the couch. He forced me mouth open and our tongues were battling for dominance.

Suddenly many things were running through my head. Did I want this to happen? Was I ready for this? Were we ready for this? Patrick sensed my sudden hesitation and pulled away to look at me.

“What’s wrong, babe?” He asked softly

I sighed and looked into his eyes to see if he was hesitant about this, but I saw lust and something else. Love? No, Patrick doesn’t love me, we haven’t been together long at all. But you love him, so why can’t he love you back this soon? I questioned myself as I continued to look at him. Patrick leaned back further so he could look at me some more.

“Alyssa, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know if I’m ready for this.” I shook my head and sighed. “We haven’t been together for long at all. I-” Patrick cut me off with a kiss.

“Okay, if you’re not sure then we won’t do anything.” He said handing me my blouse.

This was why I possibly loved him, he treated me with the most respect ever. Unlike people think, Patrick is a very respectful and responsible person.

“Thank you, Patrick. I’m sorry if I lead you on.” I whispered, looking down.

“Hey,” He placed a finger under my chin and lifted it so I was looking at him. “Don’t ever apologize for something that you aren’t comfortable with or not ready for. I would never force you to do anything, you know that.” He placed a light kiss on my lips and got off the couch. “Will you be ready in about five minutes to go to get Jazmynn?”

I nodded and redid my buttons of my shirt. I also got off the couch and went into my bathroom and looked myself in the mirror, my lips were swollen and my cheeks were flushed. My hair was out of the ponytail I had put it in earlier and all over the place. I splashed my face with cold water and fixed my hair and make-up. At the moment I felt like shit because I really like Patrick, but just wasn’t ready for taking our relationship to the next level.

“Eventually though.” I whispered to myself. Before turning off the light and heading to the living room where Patrick was waiting for me
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if there are any mistakes. Didn't feel like editing like crazy.

There will be a second update soon. Let's go for 5 comments again please. They make me smile =)