Distortion Disorder

Untold; Kimmy

Kimmy

I couldn't help but feel nervous as I watched them drag him away; Like maybe this time they would actually drag him away for good. He never even looked at me. He barely looked at me anymore; like he was too good for me.

I stayed on school grounds until I could figure out what happened. He was smoking again... When he wasn't supposed to; not on school property. They let him off with a warning just this once and threatened to arrest him if he did it again. He walked out of the Principal's office with his hands shoved in his pockets ever so smugly as he grinned.

"Hey Kimmy. Thanks for waiting," he said.

I nodded and came into step with him as he approached, but didn't make any effort to answer him. He could tell.

"Hey. Are you mad at me or somethin'," he asked once we got down the street.

I shook my head.

"You sure?"

I shook my head once more.

"You're actin' different. Why don't we go back to your house," he stated. "You can relax a bit."

I shook my head. I didn't want him in my house.

"Aw. Common, Kimmy, loosen up a bit," he stated, wrapping his arm around my shoulder like a snake.

I finally threw a fit, throwing my schoolbooks to the pavement and flinging his arm away from me. I glared at him.

"What?"

I flipped through my notepad and ripped out a piece of paper, writing on it;

I've had it! I can't do this anymore!

I handed it to him and he crumpled it up.

"What are you talking about," he asked offensively.

I wrote on another one;

You're always getting yourself in trouble and I'm always worried about you. I can't keep worrying all the time! One day you're going to get yourself in real trouble. I can't let you drag me down with you... It's over.

I ripped it off and handed it to him.

He read it and I could automatically tell the rage was filling in his eyes dangerously.

"What are you talking about? Kimmy, you're not going to break up with me," he spat. "I'm the only one who knows you. I'm the only one who knows about the accident; what really happened. You're too afraid to leave me."

I continued to glare at him as I picked up my books and finally walked away from him.

"Oh, common. Kim... Kimmy. I can be better. I know, I get you in trouble sometimes, and I'm sorry. I know it's wrong... It's just... You don't even talk to me anymore. I can't even get into your head because it's like you don't want me there. But you know me. Please, Kimmy, just give me a chance. I can change," he told me.

I cocked an eyebrow and continued walking, approaching my front door as he continued to babble. I rolled my eyes and turned around, pushing him away from me before I slammed the door in his face and walked up to my bedroom and throwing my books on the desk with a sigh.