Wouldn't It Be Nice To Wake Up With You

I'll Stop The World

Peter's POV+

It seemed very strange to be back out and around after the whole ordeal in London. As soon as I was better from my cold, we got back on the plane and went straight to Chicago. I had a flight to Los Angeles in the morning; to get some things from my house and to finally hug my dog, Hemmy, who knew me the best... besides Patrick. Yeah... 'Trick was driving me to my parents' house. Him and I were on slight talking terms. He had every right to be angry with me, but I still felt that he was being really cruel about it. I know, Patrick Stumph being a jerk? Who knew it could happen?

"Pete, I know London is in the past now, but you really bring the worst out of me when you act like that," he said to me in a monotone voice. We made a right onto Greenbay, "I'm sorry for whatever it is that I did wrong."

"You did shit Patrick," I snapped my head to look at him. "I royally messed this up. I'm an idiot for screwing around with Jen. I'm sorry that I'm to blame about everything. I destroyed two friendships and two relationships. I should got rot in a closet..."

"Pete, we're human. Things like this happen because we're a bunch of emotional filled angsted people. Jenny was attractive, we both loved her; she hurt both of us and we both hurt her. End of story. I want my best friend back now if you don't mind."

I gaped at him. Was he serious?

"Patrick, I know you're a saint and everything, but don't martyr yourself on my behalf," I frowned, "You should be mad at me, I should get socked in the face or something..."

We were at my parents house and he eased the car right in front, "Seriously, it's going to take me punching you in the face to make us friends again?" He looked tired from the conversation.

"I wasn't the slightest bit sarcastic," I slid out of the car and slammed the door shut.

"Hmmm, how unlike you," he smirked, got out of the car and walked around the vehicle.

We were face to face on the cold winter day. I saw him flex his hands out of the corner of my eye, but I was watching his face intently. I saw the doubt in his expression turn to hate. I saw the change as I felt his cold fist get me right in the jaw. It was so hard that my body flung itself into the car which I hit my head on.

"Shit! Shit!" I howled, "That was a good ass shot! Ahh!"

"Oh dude, you okay?" Patrick dropped down to look at my face better.

"Asks the one who punched me," I chuckled darkly.

"You told me to punch you!"

"I didn't think you'd do it!"

"Want me to do it again?!"

"No! I've learned my lesson! I'll never go behind your back, think twice about you, or get into a fist fight. You're a lethal weapon Stump."

"Come on, let's get you inside, you wuss. I didn't even hit you that hard," he laughed as he pulled me into my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry.. sorry...