Wouldn't It Be Nice To Wake Up With You

It's Like We're Meant to Be

Peter's POV+

Whether any of us liked it or not, we did have lives to attend to that weren't connected to our own private matters. Jen had to be put on hold since none of us could afford to walk away from such a big fan base. Our scene was too huge and every single proportion of it would be noticed. Jen's escape from her marriage was being asked about on the site, Patrick's health was being questioned by magazines, and everyone wondering when exactly we were going to start playing again. Hopefully not for a very long time, was all I could think as the interviews went on. I was starting to dislike them pointing their microphones at me. Soon enough, Patrick started taking his naturally born leadership role as the singer of the band. I hung back like I was suppose to. Bass guitarists weren't suppose to get the lime-light. We're scenery; background to the perfection of someone like Patrick.

Not soon enough, we were all down in LA again. It seemed like forever ago since I was home when it was really only a couple months. Gabe called and texted me a few times to remember about his music video production for "The City Is At War." It was tomorrow morning and I really didn't feel like I was up for it at first..... until he told me I was going to wear a mustache.

"And Ben will be on set with you," Gabe was bribing me with a good time, "Look, get over the chick, you already have Ash and if you don't like her, well the whole world is filled with ladies. You're pick, Wentz."

"Gabe, I'm already getting ready for this thing. Aaaand no, I'm not gonna just do some random girl who only likes me because I am myself."

"You make it sound like you want to do a girl who likes you for who you're not," Gabe laughed.

"You know what I meant. They only know me for being a celebrity. I want to settle down soon, Gabe. I get lonely after tours and I want to be able to talk someone, whenever about whatever."

"Alright, just don't hang your doom and gloom cloud over this set, you hear? You're coming to have a great time and to visit us! Later, sweetie."

"Stop sassing me, Saporta, I'll seeya tomorrow."

I turned off my phone and got comfortable in my bed. Hemmy nuzzled the door opened, soon followed by my girlfriend. I couldn't really look at her the same. Ashlee smiled sweetly at me and I could still see the hurt in her eyes everytime we made eye contact. Or maybe... just maybe it was my own regret and guilt for slipping her into this mess.

"Hey Peter Panda, how you feeling?" she whispered as she climbed into bed with me.

She was wearing an oversized Rolling Stone's t-shirt and I believe a pair of my boxers. Her warmth was all I lusted after since it was, the only warmth I could have. Ash kissed my cheek and laid her head in the crook of my neck, resting on my collarbone. Her head was heavy with the oncoming dreams and was drifting into the pillows below me.

"I love you, Pete. I hope you don't forget that," she mumbled.

"I know you love me... I love you too," I smiled and rubbed her cheek in small circles. If only it didn't feel like I was lying everytime I told her I loved her. Ashlee was such a sweet woman. She was tough as nails and her smile could melt my on-coming wrath like a murderer trying to kill a big-eyed kitten. I held her closer and fought off my horror-screams. I wanted to burst from all the stupid drama in my life. Why did I have to meet that girl on a train two years ago? Why couldn't I have left her behind to deal with that crowd of fans? What in the world possessed me to tell her I loved her when I knew she didn't? How could I betray my best friend for his ex-fiancee and worst of all sleep with her?!

I deeply sighed.
Kissed Ash on the forehead.
Got out of bed (followed by Hemingway)
Stayed in the shower blasting water down my body until the very next morning.

I slid the door open and dried myself. After getting dressed, I left a note telling Ashlee where I'd be and left quickly to meet up with 'Trick and the gang. We'd be meeting up with Armor and Cobra at a local breakfast diner Gabe and I found one late night after being at a bar real late. Joe picked me up, so I could leave the car wiith Ash. We drove until we got to the diner, hopping out and into the restaurant. Patrick and Andy were right behind us as we walked in and saw the last person we'd think to see standing before us.

Jen
♠ ♠ ♠
This will be followed up by a short, flashing back a few days.
If some of you have done research, like myself.... The MTV party thingy was the night before hand... according to Armor records. >>;;;
So Jen will explain it from her POV+ soon enough.
;P catcha all later.