Wouldn't It Be Nice To Wake Up With You

Can't Stop The Movement

I woke up early because I couldn't sleep what-so-ever. Patrick's mouth hung open and I would have waited patiently to see if a moth would fly in, but work must be done. Donna from Clandestine called me up to remind me of my work hours down by The Alley after Christmas, I still had to buy Andrew and Mom a Christmas gift still, and Jen was yet to be found. I had to start from place number one. After she stopped coming with us on tour, she went back to work at the Lions Pub, now as a bartender. Her best friend Jamia might know a thing or two about where she headed off, but she could give the information too willingly. Friends at work, no one would think about asking. So I got into the car and sped down Greenbay Road for Chicago.

The Lions Pub was known to most sports fans as the best pub to hang around to get away from the big crowds by Wrigley Field. I walked in to see Mary wiping out a pint glass. She picked her head up and saw me.

"Hello Petey," she smiled, "It's a bit early for a drink, ain't it?"

"Never, but I'm here to just talk to you," I sighed as I sat down on one of the many stools, "Hear from Jen lately?"

"Jen? Never knew her," Mary joked and pretended to look inconspicuous.

"Do I seriously have to bribe you?"

"All I want is a free ticket and VIP so I can see William," was all she said and crinkled her nose at the thought of him.

"Still going on that hopeless crush..." I muttered, "It's a deal, I'll even see if William will let you hang out with the band after the concert."

"You're amazing Petey!" she grabbed my neck and pulled me into an uncomfortable hug from the bar in between us.

"Where's Jen, Mary?" I asked as I rubbed my soar neck.

"Well, in Evanston as we speak, but she has a one way pass to England. Said she was going to go live with some mates for a while and then travel around the world. Some dreams, that girl's got," Mary laughed as she filled a glass with Heinekein.

"Thank you!!!!" I startled her by grabbing her around the neck and pulled her in for a hug, "I just hope I can change her mind about leaving. Patty's a wreck!"

"See you at that concert Wentz!" she hollered after me, but I was already out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if I misspelled Heinekein. It's not my choice of beer, but it's Irish sounding. lol. comments, yall! :P