Wouldn't It Be Nice To Wake Up With You

Homeward Bound

Evanston! It was so close to home. She was sneaking about right underneath my nose all this time. I was able to pick up a few video games for Andrew and Mom; her favorite glass ornament I broke a few years back when I was showing off some guitar tricks. I was able to get a list of houses from Patrick that Jen could possibly at. He wanted answers, but I hung the phone up before he could say another word. I went past four of the houses until I finally saw, on Maple Street, the Honda parked by the curb. She was at her sister Melissa's house. You know what, Jennifer is really not that suspicious of us coming after her, or she thought she could trust us not to follow her. I don't know what it could be, the reason, but I think I gave her too much credit for descreetness.

I locked the doors of my car and ran up the stairs. I barely rung the doorbell when she appeared in the doorway. She looked deathly with a serious stare and tired eyes. She had a backpack, a duffle bag, and a suicase with her. Her long hair was pulled back into a clean ponytail and face free of makeup. Her jeans and black knitted jacket couldn't make her look any slimmer. She stared at me for a very long time. Neither of could really move.

Finally she gave in, "Hi Pete, ummm...."

"You are really bad at running away from me, you know that?" I smirked.

She rolled her eyes and pushed passed me towards the car, "I believe this is the first time I'm actually running away from you."

"I may be the closest person you have, so I think I know you pretty well. You tried running away from me by quitting the tour," I pointed out, "by running out of your own wedding, and now."

"My wedding, I was running away from you?" she laughed in disbelief, "You are a narcisist; wouldn't it make more sense that I was running away from Patrick, my fiance at the time?" she bolded the word fiance as if trying to get it through my thick head.

She closed the trunk shut, but I pushed her against it, "I think you've tried running for long enough," I cornered her by putting my hands on the trunk. Her breath shallowed; she still wanted me. I felt so evil, but if this was the way to get her back to Patrick....

I leaned in and we kissed. It was the only warmth out of the December afternoon. The sun would be down soon too... I pulled away, now that I had her attention.

She looked at me with hope in her eyes, but it soon changed to dispair, "I can't stop running," I felt her hand lay on the ticket in her pocket, "I'm not done thinking things through."

"Me and You," I wrapped my arms around her, "We can both leave now, you can keep thinking because I won't let you stop resting your mind. You need to not stop thinking."

The more she thinks, the more run down she'll be. When she's down, she'll want me; the only person she believes to love her completely. Tears were welling in the corners of her eyes. I tried to beat the urge to bite my lip; to surrender to the pity I always felt when I made her cry. However, I needed to deceive her, make her realize the mistake she made leaving Patrick for me.

"I'm leaving for England in 3 hours," she broke, "I'll be staying with a close friend. Peter, I don't think it's the greatest idea... you coming with me.... but if you still think that you want this... I'll be in London. Ask around for an Alexander Staz."

I nodded and brought her head to mine for a final kiss. I tried hard to let real passion sink into it, that it was Ashlee, not Jenny I was kissing. She was the one to pull away this time.

"I'll see you in London, but not until after the 27th. You can handle being away from me for that long, can't ya?" I smiled slightly.

"I lived a good few months without you; a half a week won't kill me... much," she smiled softly back.

"Jenny, look... " I almost broke my cover.

"No, Pete.... don't start pulling back when you've reached deep into the snake bucket this time," she scowled.

"What's with your stupid metaphors?" I joked from the tense feeling I started to get.

"You know I never ever made sense." she giggled.

With that, she went back into the house and I got into the car. I kept the car at legal speed until I was a good distance away from the house. I pulled over and let my head rest on the wheel. I bit my lip real hard and closed my eyes tightly.

"What am I doing, what the fuck am I doing?" I pleaded with myself, even God, "I'm the evilest person on the earth... no one's gonna forgive me for this." I had the urge to smash my head into the steering wheel. What was I thinking? I could still feel the tingle in my lips, my racing heart beat, the urge to just go to England right now; my fear of actually falling for my own loathesome deed. "Think Wentz, think!"

But I keep running around, trying to be Superman. I couldn't think and all I wanted was her with me right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
double post?! Oh Noes! I think that for the fact I have no compy at home until maybe later tonight, I haven't be on as much as I'd like to be, so it's a present to the people who actually read this.

Can you guys comment and tell me what you guys like and hate about this story? Maybe some theories on what you think will happen? I don't want to seem too obvious about the story....>___>