A Mistake

001.

I can see him from where I stand. He’s standing there, his hands shoved deep into his jean pockets and his weight shifting from foot to foot looking down on her.

The scene was perfect. The wind ruffled their fluffy looking hair like as if an invisible hand did so and they were standing next to each other, close to each other and their faces both wore smiles that seemed endless.

They were going to kiss. I could feel it.

I was hoping they wouldn’t. I was hoping I was wrong.

But soon enough, he leans down and she tip toes to close the gap between them and his arms find their way on her waist, slightly lifting her up and her arms finding their way around his neck, wrapping it like a python does to its victim.

I pulled on my jackets sleeves so that they would cover all the way down to my knuckles, let out a deep sigh as tears roll down my cheeks.

They pull away and laugh but stay in their position.

Kennedy looks happy. He looks really happy. Both of them look happy.

I should be happy… for them. For him.

“I’m so sorry Kennedy,” I said as I placed my hands on his chest and looked up at him. He was staring up the ceiling, biting his handkerchief hard and shaking his head.

He looked down at me and pushed me away from him, “I’m gone for two months and… and you do that?”

Tears were running down my face like ones window on a rainy day, “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry doesn’t help the fact that you cheated on me, sorry doesn’t cure the pain that I feel now, Cara,” he said glaring. He raised his right arm and pointed at the door, “Just… Just get out Cara, GET OUT!”

I looked up in disbelief, “But-“

“I don’t want to see you ever again, I don’t… I don’t want to be in the same room with you, I don’t want to think about you, I…” he swallowed and shook his head, “just… leave.”


I closed my eyes as the flashback ends and let out a deep breath I’ve been holding. I brought this upon myself. It was my fault.

I turn around and walk away, alone and defeated.

As much as I love him, I don’t deserve Kennedy Brock.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh.. this was sort of a spur of the moment thing - so, idk if it's any good.