Girl You Don't Got Nothing to Prove to Me

One

Cassidy is over again. I love having her here. She's my best friend and I like her. We're having a great time, well at least we were having a great time. That is until my mom walks through the door and kicks Cassidy out of my room. She claims she needs to have a word with me.

"Fuck mom what's wrong with her?!" I yell.

"Everything is wrong with her! She's just not good enough!" She yells.

"How is she not good enough?!"

"She's a fucking dog that's what!"

"What the fuck?! Ma she's right outside the room, she can hear us." I say trying to make her shut up.

"I don't give a flying fuck! She's a stupid bitch who doesn't deserve you." She says.

"Mom she isn't my girlfriend!" I say back.

"Yes but you like her and I don't approve. She's such a whore I can't stand her."

I hear footsteps running and my front door slamming.

"Mom look at what you just did!" I yell.

"What the fuck did I do?" She asks.

"You made her fucking run!"

My mom spits in my face and she I run. As I open the door, I see her sitting right outside on the step.

"Hey," I say.

"What do you want?!" She asks bitterly.

"I want to make sure you're okay." I say.

"oh, whatever" She says.

"Cassidy why are you talking to me like that?" I ask.

"Why do you think?! Your own fucking mother doesn't even like me! I'm your best friend!" She
yells.

"I know. Look my mom is just stupid." I say.

"It just feels like I've got so much to prove to her." She says.

"Well, girl you don't got nothing to prove to me." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her on the cheek.

"and besides I like you." I say.

I engulf her in a hug her and she winces in pain. Oh no not this again.

"Where does it hurt?" I ask.

"My chest area again." She says.

"What was it this time?" I ask.

"Belt, shoe, wooden plank." She cries.

I lightly bring her close to me and I look deep into her eyes. She places her head on my shoulder and I whisper in her ear.

"You see this world has lots to offer, but in time it will go dark. So we shall make the most of it."

She smiles and looks up at me. I think she may be a little confused.

"What do you mean exactly though Lex?" She asks.

"I mean we run away together."

She freezes in my arms and I don't see this as a good sign. I just hold her close and kiss her cheek once more. I know that maybe this is a crazy idea, but I'm falling for her and I think it will be amazing to be with her.

"You wanna run away?" She asks.

"Yes so it can me just me and you." I respond.

"Well I have to think about that." She says.

"Okay Cassidy." I say.

We talk for a little while longer and I walk her home. I give her a little peck goodbye and she blushes. If only she would know how much I am falling for her.

As I'm walking home, I being to think. I guess times are really rough for the both of us. She's got a dad who beats her. I've got a mom who degrades me and beats me. Sometimes I feel as though, I'm just a weak guy. I mean, I let my mom do all the stuff she does to me. I don't prevent it. I wonder though. how can she even permit herself to that to me? And why don't I ever fight back? Or at least try to. I'm just pathetic aren't I?

Even expecting her to say yes to me, on my idea with running away. She loves it here, she tells me all the time. No matter what her father does to her, on a daily basis she loves it here and I can't blame her; I love it here too. The only thing, is that I feel that if we run away it might be better. We'll be alone from the place that causes us pain. Sure we love it and all but I feel that things might be better if we leave.

On my walk home, my phone rings. Guess who? Cassidy.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey Lex, uh about what you said before." She says.

"Yea?" I ask.

"Well I'm really thinking about it." She says.

"Look Cassidy it's okay, I'm willing to wait." I say.

"You are?" She asks.

"Yes I'll wait for months and years if I have to, but I will wait." I say.

"Why would you wait?" She asks.

"Because I'll pray for change." I say.

"Uh Lex I have to go." She says and hangs up the phone.

Now I begin to worry but maybe I'm just going a little crazy. When I get home, for some reason I can hear my voice being called from the background. It's a very faint sound. As I am about to turn around and walk back toward her house, my mom opens the door.

The second she sees me she hits me in the face.

"Where the fuck did you go?!" She yells.

I debate do I tell her the truth or come up with some lie?

"I walked Cassidy home." I say.

"You fucking bastard how dare you do such a thing?!" She yells.

"Mom, she's my best friend and I love her!" I yell.

"You can't love a whore. Oh no way you've fucked her haven't you?" My mom yells once again.

"Excuse me mom that's none of your fucking businesses!" I yell.

She punches me and throws me into the house. I really need to keep praying for change. I can't put up with this life that much longer. Cassidy is the only reason I'm still living.
About an hour or two later I hear a faint tap at my window. I go and check to see Cassidy with a few bags. I open up the window.

"Lex?" She calls.

"Yea?" I question.

"I wanna run." She says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yes my dad tried to touch my today and that was it, I can't stay here anymore. I need to
leave. If I don't leave soon, I'll be dead." She cries.

I have the biggest smile on my face, not because of what her dad did; I want to kill him for that. I'm smiling because she wants to run away with me. I grab the few clothes I have laying around and all the money I have and leap out my window carefully.

I see that her eyes are still a little puffy and that makes me a little sad to be honest. I go and hug her and I look into her eyes. She grabs onto my hand and we begin to run.

We decide to stop running once we're an hour away from my house. We also decide to lay down. We are just talking and flirting a little and, he startes to lean in and I lean in the rest and our lips meet. I am in awe, I can't believe that this just happened. I kiss her with a little more force. My hands begin to roam her body, and I stop myself.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too." I say

We kiss again.

"Lex, I am happy I said yes to running with you." She says.

"Oh so am I." I say.

She smiles at me.

I am so happy I am able to tell her the truth.

"I love you so so much, you're the reason I'm still alive." I say.

"Ditto." She says with a blush.

we spend the next few minutes talking and I see that Cassidy is getting sleepy.

"I'm tired."She says.

I kiss her once more and her eyes begin to close.

"Cassidy, with a girl as sweet as you, there's nothing in the world I can do but fall for you." I whisper before she falls asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. Should I make a sequel? Or continue the story?