Status: I'm just starting this but plan on posting the first 10 chapters.

The Violin and the Flute

Chapter three: Coffee in the Cemetary

The first thing I did once I was outside was to turn my music up. I changed the playlist to “Asian lovers.” this is my playlist for all my Asian music. Since English is my first language I have a bunch of English songs. As well as a few Spanish and other random languages. My point, Heartbreaker by G-Dragon was blaring in my speakers. I love this song.
Nado eodiseo kkullijin anheo
Ajik sseulmanhan geol jukji anhasseo
Neohana ttaemune manggajin mom
Sarajin kkum motchatneun mam
Neol wihaeseoramyeon I han mom nallyeo
Niga inneun gosimyeon dallyeo
Hajiman geudaen naege annyeong tto annyeong
I began walking towards the cemetery. The beat of the music made me feel like dancing even more that I did before. It started as a small bounce in my step, then lead to a form of dancing and walking at the same time.

Neon naega shiltago
Iyuga mwonyago
Jasininneun nipyojeongi modeungeol malhaejwo seulpeugehae
Geuraedo jotago
Gihoereul dallaedo
Hanbeon doraseon nimoseup chagaun geu nunbichi shireoyo

No no
You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker naega mwoljalmotaenneunji
You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker no way no way

Naega neol tteonagandaedo (ay)
Naneun jeongmal gandago (ay)
Jalsanabojago (ay) (lovers and haters)
Jigeutjigeutjigeutae ppigeutppigeutppigeutae
Naesarangui bigeuge no way

I stopped my dancing to see that I was in front of the cemetery. The song was still playing in the background. The sign read Ling Xi Cemetery. I think it said Ling Xi. My mandarin is not very good, but I know enough to find my way around a small town. Ling Xi must be some famous person’s name or something. I pushed the old gate open and continued my dance/walk.
Now might be a good time to say that it is very cold. November 30, 2009. It is cold and only then did I realized that I was not properly dressed for cold weather. We had heaters on the bus, so I didn’t need a big hoodie. A simple black t-shirt over a purple long sleeve hooded shirt was enough. At least I’ve got some warm black jeans and purple high top converse or else I might get really cold.
I decided to ignore the cold and continue dancing to my music. Sorry, Sorry Answer by Super Junior came on so I felt like walking more than dancing. (For once) I took this time to read some of the tomb stones. Well I would, if I could read them. These characters were much more faded then the sign, so they were more difficult to make out. Hey, I said I could read, but only well enough to get around a small town.
Speaking of small town, I thought I saw just that, on the other side of the cemetery. I began walking calmly until the song changed to A.MI.GO. by SHINee. I grinned and started to jog to the beat. By the time the song had ended I was on the other side of the cemetery. I found a gate similar to the one I had entered through. It creaked when I pushed it open. Creepy.
At this point, I wasn’t paying attention to what song was playing because it was more back ground music. Just outside of the cemetery were a few trees scattered around. I followed the small path-like road that lead to a couple of buildings. Most of them looked like portable buildings like the ones they make for certain schools when they run out of room in the regular buildings.
They were all small, and looked like they had aged a few years, but still looked relatively clean. I could see 2 people standing in front of one building talking. It was two men in working clothes, as if they were going to paint a room. I saw a few other men and women walking around, some were holding bags with who-knows-what inside, and others were standing around idly. I noticed that most of the people here didn’t have very much technology like cell phones or iPods. So maybe they wouldn’t know who the Phayrees or Super Junior was.
As I walked through the town I saw some of them staring at me. I smiled sweetly. Oddly they returned it and continued on with what they were doing. Wow. When I first saw them I thought maybe they would stare or glare at this random girl walking into their town, but then I realized, it’s a town, lots of random people walk thru every day. Sometimes I don’t think very well. Oh well.
I continued exploring the town smiled at everyone there. At one point I saw 3 children run out of a building, a boy was chasing two others. I smiled at their laughter. when I looked forward to see where to go, I almost died laughing. Seriously? They have one in the middle of nowhere? That. Is. Awesome.
Costa Coffee. There is a Costa Coffee on the other side of the cemetery across the street from the house we’ll be staying at for who knows how long. I grinned wildly as I skipped merrily up to the door and walked in. Perfect. It looked exactly like any other. I walked up to the counter and pulled my head phones down to my neck. I smiled at the cashier. He blinked at me for a second before he smiled back.
“how can I help you?” I blinked. He was speaking mandarin and I understood the entire sentence. I took a moment to think of a response and settled with the first one that came to mind.
“Can you speak Korean?” I asked in the best mandarin. The cashier smiled and nodded. I let out a relieved sigh. “Good. My mandarin is horrible.” I said in Korean. The cashier chuckled a bit.
“Actually, it was good.” He said in a heavily accented voice. “So, how can I help you?” he asked again, this time in Korean. I didn’t look at the menu because I couldn’t be bothered to try to read the characters.
“Um. Do you have chocolate crème frescotas?” Again, he smiled and nodded, and then turned and began working on my order. I took this time to look around the quiet café. The usual chairs and tables were scattered around. There was a guy sitting in the corner reading a book with a coffee on the table. The do-it-yourself table was to my right. I walked over and grabbed a straw. When I had walked the 4 steps back I saw a cup sitting on the counter.
The cashier looked almost like a child waiting to go to the Zoo on his birthday. I guess they don’t get very many costumers. I took out my wallet from my messenger bag. After trying to figure out which currency I was supposed to use, I finally paid and took my frescota with me to sit near the window.
I took a sip and enjoyed the delicious chocolate flavor. I pulled my head phones back over my ears. Blue Tomorrow was playing again. I just can’t get rid of that song. Oh well, I love it. It was very relaxing. I changed the setting so that it would repeat the same song. And then my mind began to wander.
♠ ♠ ♠
The grave yard is always a fun place to hang out, don't you think?