I'd Lie

1/1

I don't think that passenger seat

Has ever looked this good to me

He tells me about his night

And I count the colors in his eyes

I was driving around town with my best friend, and crush, Paul the pissy werewolf. Yes, he was a werewolf and boy was he pissy. Though, I didn't mind. It was one of the many things that I loved about him. At the moment, he was telling me about some prank him and Jacob had pulled on Sam, and I stared at his sparkling eyes while I listened to his beautiful laugh.

He'll never fall in love he swears

As he runs his fingers through his hair

I'm laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong

And I don't think it ever crossed his mind

He tells a joke I fake a smile

That I know all his favorite songs

"I'm never going to fall in love," he says randomly. "I don't want to be all cutesy and disgusting like Sam and Emily."

I tried not to show the hurt on my face and smile. "But you'll imprint eventually," I teased.

"Fuck imprinting," Paul mumbled and I laughed, covering my pain with a smile. I knew everything about him yet he knew nothing about me.

And I could tell you his favorite colors green

He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth

His sister's beautiful, he has his father's eyes

And if you ask me if I love him, I'd lie

"What the hell do you know Kernisha!" Paul yelled at me a week later as we were in Sam's living room. We always fought, it was a natural thing for us. Though, what we were fighting about? I had no idea. Oh, wait. I remember. I didn't want him to be in the vampire battle, stupid of me I know. But I was worried, even though I knew he'd be fine.

"I know a hell of a lot more than you do Mutt!" I spat, trying hard not to get lost in his beautiful chocolate eyes.

"You don't know anything about this! You have no idea what it's like being a wolf so don't say you know more than me!" He yelled before walked out the room angrily.

I collapsed on the sofa, burring my face in my hands. I just wanted him to be safe, didn't he know that? I wanted him to always be safe, even if he would never be mine.

"Do you love him?" a voice asked suddenly, breaking me from my thoughts. My head shot up and I looked at Sam with wide eyes, before anger appeared on my face.

"How could I love someone like that? Fuck no," I lied.

He looks around the room

Innocently overlooks the truth

Shouldn't a light go on?

Doesn't he know I've had him memorized for so long?

During the fight, Paul had been badly injured. All the bones in his arm had been shattered, and although it was healing, it was slower than usual. I stayed with him 24/7, helping him with whatever he needed and doing anything I could to help him or dull the pain.

"Thanks for doing all of this Kernisha," Paul said, scarfing down the cookies I had made him, even though Lord knows I hated cooking and baking.

"That's what best friends are for," I said with a fake, wide smile.

'Why can't you see that I love you?'

He sees everything black and white

Never let nobody see him cry

I don't let nobody see me wishing he was mine

A few days later, Paul was well enough to do things on his own, though I was always there to help. Even though he didn't say anything about it, I could see it in his eyes that his arm still hurt when he moved it. Another thing I admired about Paul was that he didn't want anybody to worry about him, didn't want to force his problems on anyone else.

As I lay in my bed that night, I wished on a star. 'Please let him be mine...'

He stands there then walks away

My God, if I could only say

I'm holding every breathe for you

The next day Paul and I were arguing again, and this time I didn't even know why he was angry with me. That day after school he had seen me in the lap of my friend Derek, although it meant nothing to me, Paul seemed to get pretty angry. He pulled me off of Derek's lap and dragged me into his room.

"What the hell were you doing in his lap!" he yelled, his body beginning to shake.

"Uh, sitting?" I said, trying not to be scared about him being close to phasing.

"But why? Do you like him or something?" he yelled, clenching his fists tightly while glaring at me. Okay, now I was completely confused. Why was he getting this pissed off about it?

"What? Wait, why the hell do you care!" I yelled back, wanting to know why he cared so much before I told him that Derek was gay and it didn't matter.

Paul looked at me for a few moments before turning around and walking out of the room.

'What the hell?'

He'd never tell you but he can play guitar

I think he can see through everything but my heart

First thought when I wake up is, "My god, he's beautiful"

So I put on my make up and pray for a miracle

My eyes fluttered open and I sighed as I remembered my dream about Paul. It had been a week since our fight, and I hadn't seen nor talked to the boy I loved. It hurt, not only because I was insanely crazy about him, but because he was my best friend and I was so use to his presence everyday.

I sighed again as I got dressed and put on a bit of make-up to hide the bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. Taking one final look at myself in the mirror, I closed my eyes and prayed that things between Paul and me would get better soon.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door, only to hit something extremely hard.

"Owwie! I don't remember a wall being there!" I mumbled as I rubbed my head before looking up to see what I had ran into.

It was Paul.

My eyes widened and I back and slightly, surprised that he was here.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked softly, of course I was glad he was here, but I was still surprised.

"I'm sorry for getting angry at you and always arguing with you but the truth is... I imprinted on you," he mumbled, looking into my eyes. "I never wanted to tell you because I was afraid I'd ruin our friendship and then you wouldn't want to be aro-" I cut him off with my lips and then pulled away.

"I love you, I've always loved you," I said, a soft smile on my face. Paul looked at me and then realization hit his face and he spun me around before pulling me into his arms and placing his soft lips on mine.

Looks like I wasn't going to have to lie anymore.