Status: Trinity is eating cherries I am not

Is There a Place Left There for Me, Somewhere Where I Belong?

Chapter 2

Gwendolyn's POV
"Shit! I think they saw us!" Gwen hissed, pulling here lips back into a snarl. The two wolves whipped their heads back in the opposite direction and bolted away from the chaotic scene.

"Where'll we run? If we run around randomly, then we might split up!" Trinity advised, slowing down to a fast trot. Gwendolyn also slowed down, quickly sniffing the air before relaxing her posture.

"This is awkward, I've never actually been to this part of the forest," Gwen spoke, thoughtfully.

"Shoot! Uhm... let's hide somewhere because they're covering the distance, fast," Trinity suggested. Gwendolyn looked around the forest, feeling out of place, as this part of the forest had small, scrawny saplings instead of the tall, willowy trees she was used to. Trinity barked, and Gwen turned in her direction, curious to see what hiding spot Trin (as she was sometimes called) had found. Gwen saw a cave-like structure almost buried in water logged leaves, a great way to mask their scent. Trinity was standing at the mouth of the cave, her tail waving back and forth with accomplishment, her mouth curved into a playful grin.

"This is a great place to hide!" Gwendolyn exclaimed, feeling a rush of excitement, "Those leaves show that there must be a river some-" She was interrupted by the sound of paws pounding at the ground, coming closer and closer. Trin gestured Gwen to come in quickly as she dissapeared into the cave by herself. The thuds of paws were coming closer, and Gwen immediatly rushed into the cave, spraying dirt behind her. Gwen and Trin's adrenaline level peaked and they could practically hear their heart's thumping in their eardrums. It was pitch black in the cave, as Trin had rolled a boulder over the entrance. Gwen pressed her head against the boulder hearing a female voice roar,

"WE LOST THEM!! HOW DID WE LOSE THEM?!" There was the loud crunch of breaking bones, followed by a dog squealing in agony.

"I-I'm sorry Scar. We promise to do better next time," The injured dog's followers whimpered in fear.

"NEXT TIME?!! THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME YOU FOOLS," Calming down she resumed, smirking,"Once Blade finds out about this you will all be to reduced to pups crying for its mother." Gwen could hear frenzied barking and whines,

"Please don't tell Blade!" "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm very, truly sorry!" "Blade?! NOOOO!" "Please don't tell him!" Gwendolyn and Trinity almost whimpered by the thought of Blade, no doubt he was the oversized Bull Terrier who had killed Trin's mother.

"Enough whining you worthless dogs, let's get a move on, the more you screw up the closer you get to your death," Scar said, unsympathetically. Gwen could hear the dog pack moving away and after two minutes of silence, Gwen unrolled the boulder and hesitantly stepped out into the waning light.

"NOW!!!" The deep voice of a male dog commanded. There were at least ten dogs rushing out of the bushes, though Gwen didn't take the time to count before Trinity and Gwen were on the run, again. This time however, it was hopeless, the dogs caught up to Trinity and Gwendolyn.

"Dead end!" Gwendolyn yelped, as she and Trinity encountered a cliff edge. Gwen looked down and saw that they were at least 30 feet from the tree tops below. Gwen thought she heard a voice whisper,

"Come here." Gwen was shaking her head as if it was a hallucination, but the voice came more stern the second time,"Come on don't wait, hurry!" Gwendolyn and Trinity exchanged curious glances. They had no time to talk about the voice when a scarred German Pinscher head latched it's teeth around Trin's right hindleg, making her wince in agony. Trin whipped her head around and sunk her massive canine teeth onto the German Pinscher's back making it let go, and fall behind, licking its wound. A massive group of twenty dogs surrounded Trin and Gwen, advancing closer and closer.

"Push this rock!" an urgent voice whispered, as a rock from under Gwen's feet began to wiggle. Obeying, Trin and Gwen hastily dug it out, causing the dogs to laugh hysterically, thinking they were trying to dig their way out.

"What's wrong?" mocked Scar, the German Pinscher (They recognized the voice), "Becoming a little desperate are we? I thought wolves were too vain to sink down to our level." This caused an uproar of jeers and laughter, causing Trin to angrily heave the rock at the nearest dog, who was in Trinity's face, mocking her. The dog, which was a yellow Labrador, yelped and then had his leg become crushed by the rock, splattering its blood onto the ground and Trin's jet black fur, the dogs instantly silenced. Then, Gwen and Trin seized the chance to escape, she dragged Gwen down into the tunnel, which the rock was covering. All the dogs tried to pile in, but instead they blocked the entrance. As Trin and Gwen fell down the tunnel, it sealed up behind them, leaving darkness, but guaranteeing that no intruders would find their hiding spot.