To Make It Last

Prolouge

You would not believe your eyes
If 10 million fireflies
Lit up the world has I fell asleep


Running around my room I started to freak out about the time. I was running late, because my hair wasn't cooperating at all. I threw my feet into flip flops, grabbed my purse, bag, and high heels and ran out the door of my hotel room.

I was so late.

Cause they fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere


You see my name is Auden Brielle Rose and I just recently graduated from college in Los Angelos with a major in Photography and Business Management. I live with my best friend, Iris Ann Brigel in a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Venice Beach in CA. We've lived there for almost a year now. I am 21 years old and Iris is 20.

Right before I graduated from college I received a job offer with the California To Write Love On Her Arm office in Venice Beach. It was an amazing offer...but I had to turn it down due to it wouldn't be enough money to survive on. So I was stuck with a job at a small design firm doing mainly business papers.

It wasn't a dream job but it paid the bills. Only real problem was that I was the most elligable to travel for the job, so I was always being sent off to job meetings. It sucked to be away so much but I was getting to travel.

You'd think me rude
But I would just stop and stare


I ran out of the hotel and into a blinding wave of heat. Man I hate Australia and it's heat. That's right I was in Australia the beginning of July for a series of business meetings. Today being the last one. I was here with 3 other employees and I couldn't wait for this week to be done.

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly


Glancing at my phone I decided to just run to the convention center where the last day of meeting was to be held. It was about 20 minutes later and I showed up breathless just in time to kick off my flip flops and hop down the hall while pulling on my classic black pumps and almost falling through the door of the meeting room.

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake
When I'm asleep
Cause everything is never has it seams


Immediately I ran to my seat and plopped down next to my co-worker, James, who was usually traveling with me and usually always hitting on me even though I'm not interested.

Cause I get a 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bug
Has they try to teach me how to dance


He offered me a friendly smile right before the Head Honcho showed up to start the meeting.

Welcome to Hell.

A fox trot above my head.
A sock hop beneath my bed.
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread


At noon everyone braked for lunch and I left before James could corner me into having lunch with him. I ran into the only Starbucks that I had found so I could recharge with coffee and a expensive yet delicious sandwich. I got my food and coffee and sat down in a comfy armchair immediately kicking off my heels and pulling out my phone to call my bff, Iris.

"Hello"

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly


Shocked I looked up and saw none other than Xavier Samuel, the hottie heart throb who played Riley in the last Twilight movie: Eclipse. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Uh...hi"

Xavier laughed.

"Hello mind if I take that seat next to you?"

I looked at the arm chairs next to me...oh...

"Yeah I'm alone today"

"Perfect"

"What?"

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
Cause everything is never has it seams
And I fall asleep


Xavier sat down next to me and leaned toward me.

"I know that I'm being forward here but do you have a boyfriend?"

I was so taken aback that I didn't know what to say at first.

Thankfully I was able to speak soon.

"No...no i don't"

"Good then I'll have not remorse in asking you out on a date"

Leave my door open just a crack
(Please take me away from here)
Cause I feel like such an insomniac
(Please take me away from here)


"What?"

"I would like you to join me for dinner tonight"

"Seriously?"

"Yes"

My heart started to pound.

Why do I tire of counting sheep
(Please take me away from here)
For I'm far too tired to fall asleep


"I...I don't know. I have a lot of meetings today"

"Oh okay. I just felt something when I saw you and just had to ask you to dinner"

Oh God Oh God Oh God

To 10 million fireflies I'm weird just I hate goodbyes.
I got misty eyes has they said farewell


I sat there staring into Xavier's eyes and the only thought in my mind was Do It! But I was still wary

"I don't know Xavier"

"So you know who I am?"

I blushed deep.

"I saw Eclipse with my bestie. You were great"

Xavier smiled.

"Thank-you very much"

"Your welcome"

"What is your name?"

"Auden"

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl"

oh please

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre


I rolled my eyes.

"Classic lie"

He laughed.

"You're right"

"Yeah and I should go"

I stood up and started to walk away when Xavier jumped up.

"Wait Auden!"

Cause I saved a few
And I kept them in a jar


I turned around.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I just...had to tell you how I felt and if you would like to meet me here at 7pm for dinner. Deal?"

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
Cause everything is never has it seams


I debated everything for a few minutes until I gave my answer.

"Deal"

And with that I left to go back to my meetings.

Joy.

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly


Half way through the afternoon meeting Xavier's offer came back to mind and I couldn't help but ponder it.

What would the harm be in one date. I was leaving tomorrow anyway so what would the harm be. But then again she wasn't so sure if a date with a heart throb was such a good idea.

But then again nothing ever happened in my life. Nothing exciting. Everything was always need to happen and not exciting.

"Hey Auden wanna have dinner tonight?"

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

I snapped out of my daydream to see that the meeting was over and James was staring at me.

I spoke without thinking.

"Actually I already have plans sorry"

And with that I was out the door and racing back to my hotel room.

I had a maybe date with Xavier Samuel.

Cause everything is never has it seems
And I fall asleep


It was 6pm and I was standing in my hotel room in the bathroom staring at myself and having an internal battle.

Should I get ready and go or ditch it and pas out. Knowing I would get no sleep on the flight tomorrow.

Before I knew it, it was 6:20 and I was panicking.

I'd like to make myself believe.
That planet Earth turns slowly


At 6:40pm I was running out of my hotel room and heading down the street to Starbucks. I had just pulled my hair back, straightened my bangs, put on jeans, a nice top, scarf, and my boots.

I had no idea what I was doing but I just couldn't pass up this opportunity.

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

I reached Starbucks and gazed in to see Xavier sitting in that same armchair but dressed in dark jeans and a button down shirt holding a single red rose. He looked nervous and kept glancing at his watch. I looked at my phone, it was exactly 7pm.

How long had he been here?

It didn't matter because I took a deep breath and opened the door to Starbucks and instantly locked eyes with Xavier and smiled.

Because my dreams are bursting at the seams
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another new story that came to me after I saw Eclipse lol
I hope you all enjoy
There will be more up sooonnnn!
I'm uber excited about this story!