To Make It Last

Ch. 3

~~~ 2 Months Later ~~~
Burrrrpppptttt Burrrrppppttt
Sitting back on my heels I pushed my bangs off of my forehead. This was the second day in the past week where I woke up feeling sick. And the second day in the past month where I had to go home from work early due to feeling like shit.
I reached forward and grabbed a tissue to wipe my mouth.
“God what is wrong with me?”
I went to stand up to wash my face but another wave of nausea came over me and I was back to praying to the porcelain goddess.
When that wave had passed I grabbed my washcloth and wet it in the shower and rubbed it on my face and neck while sitting with my back against the wall.
“God this sucks”
“What sucks?”
I looked up to see my roommate and bff Iris standing in the doorway to the bathroom looking down at me.
“I’ve been puking all day”
“Food poisoning?”
“Probably”
“Need anything?”
“Flat coke”
“On it”
Iris left to go and get me some flat coke while I closed my eyes and laid my forehead down on the cook bathroom floor tile.
While lying there my mind starting to go insane. What was going on with me? Why was I so sick so much? My period had already passed so that wasn’t it…wait…oh shit.
I shot up into a sitting position and ignoring the nausea washing over me I rushed to my calendar and looked at the days.
“No way”
I had completely missed my period. The familiar x’s on the days weren’t there. I looked back at the month before that and the x’s weren’t there either. One more month back and the x’s were there. So I went forward again. The days were marked off but no x’s.
This made no sense at all. There were like clockwork so why weren’t they here. I hadn’t been having sex lately, no since….oh shit….
…Xavier…
~~~ Sydney, Australia ~~~
“Mr. Samuel it’s a pleasure to meet you”
“The pleasures all mine sir”
“Please have a seat”
“Thank-you”
I sat down across from a Mr. Dishbaan. He was the best, or so I had heard.
“What can I do for you Mr. Samuel?”
“I heard you were the best”
He chuckled.
“So they tell me”
“I need you to find someone for me”
“You’re come to the right place then”
“I sure hope so”
Mr. Dishbaan pulled a pad of paper toward him and uncapped a pen.
“Let’s start with the basics. Name, age, sex, and ethnicity”
“Her name is Auden Rose. She’s a female, white/Caucasian, and age is 21 years old.”
“Okay now physical description”
I closed my eyes and conjured up the mental image of her that I had saved in my mind for thease past two months.
“She’s about 5 feet 3 inches. Average weight. Big boobs. Dark brown hair, shoulder length, wavy, bangs, side swept. Dark brown eyes, almost black actually. Pink lips. One piercing in each ear. Glasses, wide frame, cute, pink I do believe with detail on side. Contagious smile. French nails, manicured I mean. Great laugh. Rosy cheeks.”
I sighed and opened my eyes to see Mr. Dishbaan staring at me.
I gulped.
“That no good?”
“No that’s better than I usually get. Far better actually. You really want to find this girl don’t you?”
“Yeah. I fell for her the minute I saw her and the next day…poof…gone”
“You love her don’t you?”
“I think I do. I can’t get her out of my mind”
“Well let’s get into specifics”
“Okay”
An hour later I left Mr. Dishbaan’s office with my last ditch effort to find Auden Rose. My last glimmer of hope was hanging on him finding her. He was the best.
Let’s just hope he holds up and finds her. Let’s hope he really is the best private investigator out there.
~~~ Next Day ~~~
Why are there so many goddamn home pregnancy tests out there? Seriously there are like a thousand and how do I even begin to choose one?
“Do you need any help?
I jumped so high and to the side that I almost collided with the shelf of pregnancy tests.
“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you”
“It’s okay just let me catch my breath”
“I’m really sorry ma’am”
“It’s okay”
“Do you need any help?”
“Uh…no I’m good just looking”
“Here the First Response is supposedly the best and most accurate test.”
And just like that the saleslady handed a test to me and walked away. WTF? Nervously I stared at the test in my hand. I had two options: run of buy it. What was I going to do? I couldn’t be pregnant. I just couldn’t.
But everything was rushing to my mind. Not to mention another wave of nausea.
…Oh God…
Before I knew it I was grabbing a bunch of test and heading for self-checkout. Once back at my apartment I put the bag under my bed and started to pace in my room. Now was the moment of truth.
Take the tests or not.
What was I gonna do?
“He Auden”
For the second time today I jumped.
“Oh hey Iris what’s up?”
“You seem to be feeling better”
“Yeah I am”
“You look a little nervous. You okay?”
“Yeah just big project at work right now. Kinda big and important. Just got me stressed.”
“Oh…do you need me to bring you a drink?”
“No!...I mean…I won’t be able to focus and I got to work on it tonight…so…just no drink…nothing cept a little root beer”
“On it”
“Thanks Iris”
“No problem”
Has soon has Iris had left my room I ran my bag of tests to the bathroom and shut the door has I came out. I changed into my comfy shorts and pulled out my laptop. I didn’t go to work today so I didn’t have work to work on but no big project. Besides figuring out if I was pregnant or not.
At around 8p.m. I had devoured about 3 root beers and was starting to dance in my seat. It was now or never. Making sure the door to my bedroom was shut I ran to my bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I pulled my bag full of tests out from under my sink.
It was now or never.
~~~ 10p.m. ~~~
Two hours later I was sitting on my bathroom floor surrounded by home pregnancy tests. Every single one was positive.
Every single one…I was pregnant and without a doubt in my mind I knew the father…

…Xavier Samuel.
♠ ♠ ♠
and now another chapter because i was bored wiht no internet all day long and had my notebook with me. comments please