To Make It Last

Ch. 4

~~~~ Two Days Later ~~~~

Still in shock over my recent discover I sat nervously in my doctor’s office, leg jiggling. It was Saturday and I was meeting with my doctor to have an ultra sound done. It was going to be awkward and I was completely way over my head.

Why did I sleep with him?

“Auden Rose”

I stood up and went up to the nurse, following her to the room.

Oh yeah…because he was wonderful and special and made sparks fly when he touched me

“Okay let me take your temperature”

He made me feel on fire and like myself

“Now please stand on the scale so I can weigh you”

“I hate getting weighed”

“Everyone does”

I kicked off my flip flops and stepped onto the scale. It was early September and still hot out so I was dressed in a lace cami and shorts. My shorts being tighter than usual.

“200 even”

“Oh great. I’ve gained weight”

The nurse just looked at me funny then led me back to the room. She took my blood pressure than left.

I sat swinging my legs back and forth. Great I had gained about 5-6 pounds. Just great. I was only 2 months and already gaining weight.

A little while later my doctor came in.

“Hello Ms. Rose. How are you today?”

“Okay I guess”

“Ah yes you have come in for an ultra sound to finalize pregnancy”

“Yes”

“Tell me your symptoms”

“Well I’ve gained a few pounds and that’s strange for me now. I’ve been very sick this past month. Like throwing up and such. I’ve missed my periods the last two months and they’re regular like clockwork. Plus my boobs are tender a little now. And I did like eight tests two days ago and all were positive”

“Well sounds to me that you are pregnant so let’s get you downstairs for an ultrasound”

“Okay”

An hour later I was laying down on a table waiting for the lab technician to get back. He was gone maybe a few minutes.

“Hello ma’am. Here for an ultrasound?”

“Why is everyone calling me ma’am? I’m 21. Just because I may be pregnant, but it doesn’t automatically make me a ma’am.”

The lab tech just stared at me.

“Sorry. I’m just…I don’t know”

“Nervous?”

“You can tell?”

“Don’t worry a lot of young women are”

“They all unexpected too?”

“Mostly”

The lab tech put some of that gel stuff onto my stomach.

“Wow that’s cold”

“Yeah sorry. I can’t get warm gel”

“Should work on that”

“We should”

Then he turned on the ultra sound machine and…nothing. He moved the little remote thing around and studied the screen for a moment.

“What…what’s there?”

“Comgratulations you are pregnant”

“So it’s official now?”

“Yes it is”

The tech smiled nervously at me.

“What?”

“Nothing…just…you can’t really hear the heartbeat until 3-4 months so…a lot of woman who don’t want it…they decide that it’s not really there so…”

“They abort it”

“Yeah”

“I won’t do that. It’s not the babies fault. Besides I’m just against it.”

“Good. I’ve had enough of that”

I laughed.

“Okay so you’re about 8-9 weeks”

“Eight…sorry I just know for sure”

“Oh okay”

“Yeah”

“Want a photo?”

“Um…sure”

“Okay I’ll print one out for you now”

An hour later I was leaving my doctors carrying a bunch of papers and my ultra sound photos plus some pre-natal vitamins in my purse and a list of ones to get. It was all so overwhelming.

After I went to the GNC for vitamins I ventured over to Borders and looked at the baby books. Has I was leaving I decided to go ahead and buy one book.

Even though at the back of my mind I wasn’t sure if I was going to keep it or give it up for adoption.

But it was no use denying it.

I was pregnant…with Xavier Samuel’s baby.

~~~~ Adelaide, Australia ~~~~

And I was like Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohhh

“Hello”

“Mr. Samuel?”

“Yes”

“Hello this is Mr. Dishbaan”

I sat up immediately.

“Yes?”

“I just wanted to let you know that I have a few leads that I will start to look into”

“Great”

“I’ll be in touch”

“Thank-you so much”

“No problem”

I hung up my phone and laid back down on my bed.

Maybe this would work and I would find Auden

~~~~ Venice Beach. One Week Later ~~~~

“Ugh”

I was NOT happy. My jeans were too tight and some of my shirts were a tad bit tighter.

I needed a few new items…Great.

So I headed out to go shopping. I had to go a size up in jeans and get some baggier/looser tops. Not to mention a few new work outfits.

And I had to tell my boss soon.

Oh God this was sucking.

Plus Iris…

Oh God this sucked!

~~~~ Two Weeks Later ~~~~

Well here I was 11 weeks and still unsure if I wanted this baby. Because of this I hadn’t told anyone, not Iris, not my boss, and God knows not Xavier, wherever he was.

Not to mention I had a definite bump going on. I first noticed it when I got out of the shower earlier. I was examining my stomach and when I looked from the side I saw a little bump starting to grow there.

Great just great

Leave it to me to start to show BEFORE 3-4 months.

Annoyed I laid down on my bed and not long remembered my ob-gyn appointment the end of this week. Suddenly I remembered what the lab tech had said…

You hear the heartbeat at 3-4 months.

Instinctually I put my hand on my stomach.

Would I hear my babies heart beating?
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah i know this is behind but i just didn't feel like getting the notebook and type up what i had. Buuuttttt finally got around to it!

annnddddd i would enjoy some comments here people!!!!