‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

A Cruel Joke

- Nessie's POV-

Staring at the bloody words on the paper, I couldn't bring myself to scream or shout. I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh, cry or get angry.

The others must have smelt the blood because Carlisle was instructing Alice to get the others out of the house.

No one protested. They left immediately.

Jacob was by my side as he took the paper and read it before handing it to Carlisle with a tight look on his face. He immediately wrapped his big warm arms around me and kissed the top of my head for comfort.

It was his small way to tell me that I was safe with him.

There was only one person I know who was capable of doing pranks like this.

When I saw Leo walking down the stairs with his grin, I glared hard at him and his smile left his face.

"You think this is funny?" I snatched the paper, grabbed the box and stomped towards the confused-looking teenage hybrid.

"That depends," he said carefully, his eyes narrowed at the box in my hands. "What's in it?"

"You tell me!" I hissed and shoved the box to his chest, causing him to stumble backwards.

He looked at me before he slowly opened the lid of the box. When he looked at its content, he frowned before he glanced at me.

"You really think I would do something this sick?"

"It isn't Leo," Carlisle said after a few moments of silence.

"Who else could it have been?" I started to panic and once again, Jacob was by my side.

Daddy walked into the room and froze - probably from the smell of blood. His face was emotionless - which was bad because it usually means he knows something but wouldn't tell me what it is.

"Probably some sick Halloween joke," Jacob tried to laugh it off but I pulled away from him.

He quickly pulled me back towards him.

"Definitely," Daddy added looking at Carlisle with some secret look before he smiled down at me. "It's just a couple of kids. I can hear their thoughts."

I knew he was lying.

It was his tone that gave it away.

I watched as Daddy, Carlisle and Jacob exchanged quiet signals with their eyes.

"Fine," I muttered and pulled away from Jacob. "I'm going to go to bed now. Night."

With that, I walked up the stairs and headed down the hall towards my bedroom.

"It must've been him!" I could hear an angry whisper coming from downstairs.

"Be quiet, Jacob! Nessie could hear," Daddy muttered in annoyance.

"Who could it have been if not him?" Jacob kept his voice lower, though the anger is still apparent in his tone.

"But he died in front of us," Daddy explained. "We saw it with our own eyes. The dead don't come back to life."

"You're kidding me right?" Jacob was sarcastically laughing. "You guys are the very example of the dead coming back to life!"

"You know what I mean!" Daddy is starting to lose his patience. "And besides, we buried him right outside his mansion."

Who were they talking about?

Who died?

They know who did this? In other words, they think they know who it is?

"Ask your family. I'm sure they'd be more than thrilled to talk about me." Damon had said in my dreams a few months back.

But he is just an imagination - he didn't returned to any of my dreams for months.

MONTHS.

But surely, this could not be a coincidence?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just trying out to see if a third person's POV is better or a first person's POV. What say you?

And what do you think is going to happen next?

Riley , Nikki , Deidre and Brigitte. Thanks for the comments everyone. Keep them coming!

PS: Damon needs your help against Edward Cullen in the title for Sexiest Beast. Currently, Edward is winning with 55 - 45. Now, now. Before you start hate-tagging me, I do love Edward. But between the both of them, Damon's more fit for the title because he's sexy and well, beastly. Edward's kind of a sweetheart rather than a beast. (;

VOTE HERE