‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

Transfer Student

"Maybe I should stay for a few more days - just to be sure," Jacob said as he pulled over at my school.

I turned to face him with a smile on my face.

"You should go," I encouraged him. "Settle everything back in Forks and then I can have you all to myself."

I gave him a light push but in my mind, I was still freaked out by the heart sent in a parcel two days ago.

When he looked like he was about to add something, I quickly said, "I'll be fine. And besides, I have my whole family with me in case those pranksters attack me."

I faked small laughs, hoping he'd buy it.

Slowly, his goofy grin came back and I knew he definitely bought my lie.

For the past few days, I've been trying to connect the dots behind my family's back. But yet, I could not find anything about his whereabouts - or if he even exists. I don't know if the undead dead undead person they were talking about is Damon.

And after the two days, I convinced myself that they weren't talking about Damon. They could've been talking about someone else.

"I'll finish the paperworks as fast as I can and then I'm yours," Jacob gazed into my eyes with love before he slowly leaned down to place a kiss on my lips.

We pulled away and I whispered, "Forever."

I got out of the car, waved goodbye and watched Jacob drive off to the airport. As soon as the car was out of sight, I turned around, clutched tightly onto my bagpack and started walking towards the main building of the school.

:::

It was lunchtime.

I looked out at the sky and noticed that there were dark clouds - it was going to rain soon.

I was walking towards the cafeteria when I heard my name being called out. It was Wynter - I bet my bottom dollar it is.

I tried to make for a quick exit, but as usual, she caught up with me.

"Are you coming to eat with us at the table?" Wynter asked, smiling widely at me.

I nodded my head reluctantly, forcing myself to smile. As she started to talk about how her day was, I sighed softly to myself.

You shouldn't try so hard to be my friend, I thought sadly as I glanced at her for a moment before looking down at my feet. If only you knew what I really am.

We walked into the cafeteria and immediately, I heard Sidney calling out for us.

As soon as we got to the table, everyone started to talk except for me and Boone. Boone was simply staring at his lunch like he is thinking about something deep.

"Have you heard about the new guy?" Wynter sighed dreamily.

"I heard he got kicked out of so many schools, this school is literally his last resort," Sidney mumbled with annoyance.

"Oh come ON!" Wynter frowned and placed both hands on her hips. "You're just jealous he's hot!"

"You've not seen the guy!" Sidney protested and they started arguing. "He just walks into a room and everyone goes silent!"

As though the whole cafeteria heard him, they lapsed into silence.

"Now that's just weird," I scratched my head with a genuine small smile before I saw them looking behind me.

Slowly, I turned my head and got the shock of my life.

Right then and there, I saw Ryan walking towards us with someone by his side - Damon Salvatore.

Under normal circumstances, I would be nice, welcomed him to the school and start listening to Wynter drooling over how gorgeous he looked.

But this isn't normal - it is anything BUT normal.

I didn't know if I was supposed to start screaming for everyone to get away from him or if I should stomp towards him and demand why he was here.

But I end up to be a crazy person if I were to do any of the two options. If I go with the first option, I would definitely be put into an asylum and then my family and I would have to look for some other place to go live in - which would be such a hassle.

Now, as much as the second option seem more appealing to me, maybe this guy wasn't the guy from my dreams.

Sure, he has the same look and the same eyes and the same hair -

So if I do start demanding for answers from him, I'd end up in the asylum again - for being delusional and for not being able to differentiate reality from dreams.

So really, if both options end with me being in the loony place, what good is there?
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG, Damon Salvatore in school??

Nikki, Deidre - thanks for your unconditional love!

Now, I'm going to try updating this daily because - well, just cuz!
Comments are VERY much appreciated.