‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

Must Be Crazy

Nessie opened her eyes with a gasp as she sat straight up in bed. Being part human, she was sweating profusely.

Who is that man, she thought wiping away the sweat on her forehead.

"Bad dream?" the new voice in the room made her jump in shock.

She turned her head and saw her mother Bella standing by the corner of the room with a small smile on her face.

Bella walked towards her daughter and helped wipe away the sweat too.

"Why am I always having the same dreams, Mom?" Nessie asked, a little annoyed at herself.

"We're in a new location and you're just stressed with trying to make new friends all over again," Bella replied, sitting on her daughter's bed.

Nessie couldn't help but to roll her eyes. That was exactly what Carlisle had said. Her mother was simply repeating his words verbatim.

"I thought you would've been used to these things Nessie," another voice teased and when she looked at the doorway, she saw her half-uncle Leo.

You might be wondering why he is called her half-uncle.

You see, before Carlisle had met with Esme, he had fallen in love with a woman from the werewolf clan. They went against her tribe's wishes and Leo was the result of their love.

He is a hybrid like Nessie; the only difference was that he was half vampire, half wolf. He is also a lot like Nessie in terms of him being unable to age any older than eighteen.

And he craves for blood like any vampire would.

She just couldn't remember if she had liked him or not. It was weird because it felt as though part of her life has been wiped out for some apparent reason.

"Tell me again why he's living with us?" Nessie pointed out and glared at him only to have Leo smirk at her with amusement.

"Go back to bed, Nessie. You'll be alright in the morning," Bella whispered and kissed her daughter's forehead.

As soon as both Leo and Bella had left the room, Nessie sat up straight in bed and started to tie her hair up into a ponytail.

There has to be a reason why she is always dreaming about the same person over and over again.

But if the man had said that he is dead, shouldn't the dead stay dead?

Nessie walked over to her desk and sat down, turning on the laptop but paused the moment she stared into space.

As usual, he did not leave her his name - how was she to know who he is or rather, WHAT he is?

If he's already dead, then the reason could probably be like what Carlisle had mentioned.

It was her mind trying to adjust to the new environment.

But the dream was so vivid - the way he touched her, the way his breath touches her skin, it was life-like.

She turned to the window and jumped in shock when she saw a black crow sitting on the tree branch next to her window, its deep dark eyes watching her every movement.

It was the same crow from her dreams - the same crow that she had seen so many times before.

The crow cawed out loud before it flew off into the darkness.

That was when she realized something:

She was being plain silly for entertaining such thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is she really silly for entertaining thoughts like that?

Sorry I haven't updated for so long. I just got back from another country for my cousin's wedding so I've been pretty busy for the past week. But I'm back now and I'm ready to get this story going.

X.Alec.X , VampLover15e , Kayla , cobra9874 , vgr74 , YianaTwilightVampire , Lonergirl1310 and musicluver90001 ...

Thank you guys for commenting. I really appreciate you taking the time off to do something that puts a smile on my face!