‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

No Big Deal

Renesmee was already sitting by the dining table, forcing to eat the cereal before her. That was when her father came into the room with a small smile on his face.

"Jacob called," he said and she looked up with anticipation. "He's planning on visiting next week."

"Next week?" her heart dropped for a second before she shrugged.

She misses her wolfman. In a time like this, she needed him more than anything. Just the sight of him makes her feel comfortable and at ease.

Unfortunately, Jacob couldn't come with them to London because of his studies. And well, even if he pauses his education for her, it wasn't as though he could live with her.

He still has his duty to take care of his people. It would be selfish of him to leave.

"Honey," her father placed his hand over hers and looked at her with sympathy.

"Daddy," she paused wondering what made him look at her that way. When she realized what it was, she frowned. "Stop reading my mind."

His lips curled upwards and nodded his head. "Come on, it's time for your first day in school."

"You mean our first day in school," she corrected him.

A certain type emotion crept up his face - an emotion she did not like.

"You and mom are also going to school right?" it wasn't a question.

"Your mom and I decided not to go this year," her father said apologetically.

She wanted to explode in anger. How could they not go to school while she has to? It wasn't fair!

"We have a lot of unfinished business to do," he wasn't trying to compromise either.

"Fine, I'll just go to school and be a loner or something," she muttered, taking her bagpack and started for the door.

Her father didn't try to stop her.

Just as she was at the door, a red Porche stopped right in front of her and the windows rolled down revealing a very good-looking Leo in the driver's seat.

"Give you a ride?" he offered and she stood there, thinking if she should take him up on his offer.

In the end, she gave in. After all, they were both going to the same school.

:::

"Check out the new girl," someone whispered in class and Nessie had to force herself not to turn. "Beautiful, isn't she?"

"Hello," someone whispered as soon as the Math teacher had his back on them.

Renesmee turned and saw a redhead with tanned skin and green eyes looking at hers with a smile. She returned the smile out of courtesy.

"I'm Wynter Summers," the girl introduced herself and Renesmee arched her brow.

"Winter Summers?" she thought out loud at the irony of the name.

The redhead smiled even wider and nodded her head. "I know, the name's kind of ironic. But Winter is spelt with a Y instead of an I. As in W-Y-N-T-E-R."

"It is ironic," Renesmee agreed before she introduced herself. "I'm Renesmee Cullen. It's a pleasure to meet you."

It turns out that they both have most of the same classes together.

"Oh cool! It's your free period too!" Wynter grinned before turning to look at her. "Do you want to sit with me and a couple of my friends for lunch?"

For a moment, Renesmee contemplated if it was a good idea. Her family would be against her being so close with a human because of what they are. But since her family isn't with her here in school, she didn't see what was such a big deal about it.

Alice, Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett decided to take classes at a local college. Her parents decided to not go to school this year.

Yeah, definitely not a big deal being friends with one human.

"Sure," Renesmee agreed with a sincere smile.

"Great!" Wynter pulled her with excitement towards the school's cafeteria. "You are going to love the guys."

Guys?

"Guys, this is Renesmee Cullen," Wynter's introduction broke her out of her thoughts.

Renesmee looked up and saw four guys sitting by the table - three of them looking at her with a smile on their face. The other could not be bothered.

One was an Asian wearing aviator with a black cap and he had a piercing on his lips; the other had black mowhawk hair and he was considered short for a guy. Another had purple hair with his fringe covering one of his eyes - he also has two lip rings on each side of his lips and the one who could not be bothered with her had short black hair with a piercing in the middle of his lips.

"Call me Nessie," she corrected Wynter's introduction with a friendly smile.

"Like the Loch Ness monster!" the short one exclaimed with an even wider smile on his face.

"That's midget man," Wynter introduced, earning herself a glare from the short guy.

"It's Sidney, thank you very much," he crossed his arms and pouted.

"The one with the cap, that's Ryan," Wynter ignored Sidney and continued with the introduction. "That's Miles and the one there is Boone."

Boone, Renesmee thought and looked at the last guy.

When she saw him looking up at her with a careless expression, she quickly looked away.

Why is she scared of this guy?
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update for the day. Just thought you guys deserved better than one update for waiting so long.

FoREVer.